Render Sharing + Improvements

Started by GxMew, October 14, 2009, 01:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GxMew

I have an idea that came to me a little while back when I asked someone to render something for me because it was too big to render in my computer...Well why don't we share our TGD's and see if anyone wants to render them for you...and then when they need something rendered then you render it for them...Also a plus to this would be that the TGD's could be revised and improved by the person rendering it...Kinda like a peer edit almost...Although to prevent someone from being a leech you would have to work out an agreement for example a render for a render...another interesting concept is if 10 people render a 1000x1000 slice of a TGD then we could make an amazing picture in half the time then doing it alone...so tell me what you think of it ^w^...
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

Render Times = Days...And in some cases weeks o.o

dandelO

I think an open .tgd project would maybe be fun, someone just posts a random .tgd, just a basic fractal terrain and camera position and everyone does their own take on that scene. All from the same POV or something?
Each render would definately differ greatly from person to person. I think that'd be really cool.

GxMew

Quote from: dandelO on October 14, 2009, 02:11:19 PM
I think an open .tgd project would maybe be fun, someone just posts a random .tgd, just a basic fractal terrain and camera position and everyone does their own take on that scene. All from the same POV or something?
Each render would definately differ greatly from person to person. I think that'd be really cool.
All right then why Don't we start it?
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

jaf

Hmmm... I wonder if this could be a BOINC project (see   http://boinc.berkeley.edu/   )?
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

GxMew

Wait can we? That's like the best render farm in the world XD...what are the requirements for it? if we can do it then I'm in...I am signing up for alpha testing...
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

Kadri

.....You will be blinded by my avatar...You're welcome!...

Excuse me GXMew but i can not read this page.Your Avatar is realy too much irritating.İt is like someone is holding a flashlight at me. Would it too much asking to change it?

Kadri.

Dune

dandelO

I'm having an epileptic fit.
I'm not epileptic.

otakar

Yes, please stop the flashing. Thank you! Nice idea, though.

GxMew

o.o I like my avatar thank you very much...And I will keep it...took me awhile to make it...
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

neuspadrin

and thats why i'm happy adblock plus can easily block images by right clicking and telling it to block that specific image....

GxMew

Quote from: neuspadrin on October 15, 2009, 04:36:45 PM
and thats why i'm happy adblock plus can easily block images by right clicking and telling it to block that specific image....
problem solved!!! ^w^
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Kadri on October 15, 2009, 01:39:48 AM

Excuse me GXMew but i can not read this page.Your Avatar is realy too much irritating.İt is like someone is holding a flashlight at me. Would it too much asking to change it?

Kadri.

You can go to Quick Links--Account Settings--Look and Layout Preferences  and choose don't show avatars.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

GxMew

Quote from: buzzzzz1 on October 15, 2009, 04:39:31 PM
Quote from: Kadri on October 15, 2009, 01:39:48 AM

Kadri.

You can go to Quick Links--Account Settings--Look and Layout Preferences  and choose don't show avatars.
XD even better...
AMD Athlon 64 @1.6 GHZ

ATI Radeon X1250

neuspadrin

Quote from: GxMew on October 15, 2009, 04:38:27 PM
Quote from: neuspadrin on October 15, 2009, 04:36:45 PM
problem solved!!! ^w^

Well, it would be easier solved if you just stopped the flashing.  I'd be fine with it in just a normal icon... flashing, especially rapidly quick extreme flashing is where it gets annoying.

So youd like to have an image that pretty much everyone hates/blocks...?

and i like seeing other peoples avatars usually, don't feel like blocking all of them.