Started by ThinkPink, October 26, 2009, 03:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkPink

after several weeks .... a new render.

it was a "quick & dirty" one .... total time (incl. render) 3h

TG2 with postwork in PS

Marcos Silveira

A very moody image.
I like it!!! The atmosphere is awesome!!!

Kadri

Nice.

Can you show one without DOF ? I would love to see it.

Kadri.

Gannaingh

I agree that the atmosphere and the mood are superb! The trees and the birds really compliment the image very well. My only gripe would be that the terrain is not to the same caliber as the rest of the image. I want to see more of this one! :)

MGebhart

I'm half expecting a werewolf to jump out.

Very nice.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

Dune

I second DV; the atmo is really stunning, but the terrain should be more natural. Then it's a winner. Much lower peaks, some subtle outcrops perhaps, some small scattered stones...

---Dune

inkydigit

I echo Dune et al...very nice!

ThinkPink

thanks for your helpfull comments !!!

I did the render once more and resized the terrain. The problem was, that it is an old WM-Terrain with a mountain height of 2000m. But when loaded in TG2, the altitude of this terrain grow up to over 22000m!
I added 3 fake stone layers (large, medium and small) and changed the POV

This is now the original render - no colours, staturation, brightness manipulation in PS. Only the trees and the birds are added in PS.

But I don't know which version is better: this one with the part of the tree on the left side or the image without the left tree ... :-\

What do you think?

Henry Blewer

The one with the tree on the left. Nice.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zairyn Arsyn

excellent atmospheres. 8)

I particularly like the dead trees in the middle ground & the fake stones in render 2

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

littlecannon

As he shouts, "one with the tree".

Nice render... I love the atmo and stones and trees and.......

Cheers,
Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Kadri

I insist about the DOF :D

Joke aside , someone from you will maybe say something about this , but most of the time DOF on the foreground make the things in pictures like miniatures... DOF on the backround not so...

I see this as a miniature ... Is this only me ?

Nothing to say other then this. I like it :)

Kadri.

MacGyver

Quote from: Kadri on October 27, 2009, 11:46:30 AM

Joke aside , someone from you will maybe say something about this , but most of the time DOF on the foreground make the things in pictures like miniatures... DOF on the backround not so...

Kadri.

I see what you mean, looks miniature indeed...
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Gannaingh

I agree that the one with the tree on the left side is indeed better. Bigger please :)

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: Kadri on October 27, 2009, 11:46:30 AM

Kadri.

Well there is a technic in photography called "Diorama" where you can change a photo of a real landscape into something resembling a miniature.

Believe me, these are real jets: