Woods

Started by FrankB, October 27, 2009, 12:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi guys,

I've revisited an old scene and this is what I came up with. The scene has 11 populations, including Walli's Dirt Cluster from his Dirt pack for the forest ground.
I've added a few tilted tree populations to provide more randomnes to the environment, and I think it's looking rather good. The final render has been put through some postwork to polish the lighting and colors, but other than that it's pure TG2.
The jpeg compression left a little mark, but not too badly.

Cheers,
Frank

Henry Blewer

Frank, this is looking very good. I do have one issue with it. Underneath the central tree there appears to be black holes in the forest floor.
I really like the pine!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zairyn Arsyn

i like the trees, they look slanted :)
although I think the ground cover does'nt look as good as the rest of the piece.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

inkydigit

damn you stole my idea....just kidding!...I had thought whilst attempting a similar scene myself, that the pines (especially) are too neat and vertical sometimes...this looks great Frank cheers!

Gannaingh

Bloody brilliant as always! It's just my opinion but I think the trees are leaning a tad too much, it is a good idea to add realism to the image but I think too many of the trees are leaning. Still, awesome work!

domdib

It looks great, as usual, EXCEPT the bushes in the shade in the centre foreground, which somehow look incorrectly lit to me - it's as if the light just behind them isn't filtering through correctly.

FrankB

thanks guys. And good points. The image was rendered too dark, I just realized that too late. So I had to pump up the lighting a lot, but some spots remained dark. That what seems like black holes or unlit parts of the bushes is simply areas that remained black when I increased the brightness.

I reckon I will make another and maybe last iteration of this render where I'll be fixing this and a few other things.

Frank

matrix2003

Well its Fall here in New England.  I live in deep woods and most of the trees are orange or are bare already.
-And I can honestly report the trees here are leaning at a much greater rate than this render! Nice one Frank!
   - Bill .
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

rcallicotte

Cool job.  Looks like it could almost fit in "Return of the Jedi".  I like the lighting, but would like to see the trees in full light. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MGebhart

SAAAWEEET.

Very nice.

MGebhart
Marc Gebhart

Thelby

The light makes the colors POP in this, I like it!!!

Zylot

This is the best photograph pretending to be a render I've seen yet.