Preview Window Addition

Started by MGebhart, October 31, 2009, 04:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

Is there any plan for adding a Safe Frame to the Preview Window.

A Safe Frame will eliminate the cropping that occurs regardless of image size.

If there is a solution for this already I sure haven't found it.

Thanks 
Marc Gebhart

Kadri

MGebhart , i am not sure what you mean with  "Safe Frame" (in Tv and such it has other meanings) in TG2.
But if your problem is after you change the render resolution , then for changing (updating) the 3d preview
you have to push the Reset button near the Pause button. There are i think  other ways. But i don't remember.

Edit : If you mean the same as for tv , you are right it would be a good addition.

Kadri.

Henry Blewer

I grab the white bar just below the preview. This updates the preview to the new aspect ratio defined by the render size settings.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

jo

Hi,

The preview adjusts its aspect ratio correctly as you change image sizes etc. for the next release.

Regards,

Jo

Henry Blewer

Whe it is ready Kadri. Planetside is not Eon, Planetside likes to find the bugs before they release an update. 8)

Kadri

Quote from: njeneb on October 31, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
Whe it is ready Kadri. Planetside is not Eon, Planetside likes to find the bugs before they release an update. 8)

But it is worth a try i think  ;D

I think one of the best/politic   answers were  "nearer then the last time " or such.

I can wait. ;D

Kadri.

MGebhart

Thank you for the information.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

Henry Blewer

Always glad to help. :)
I get excited thinking about the new features which may be in the works. I try not to let my imagination run too wild hough.

Cyber-Angel

Are we talking about the addition of Action Safe and Title Safe Areas (see Google Images for examples) these might be useful one day, when Terragen gets the ability to load in background plates (Note on functionality: Please insure that the Aspect ratio and image size in Terragen automatically adjust to that of the background plate)?

Right now Terragen has no Shadow Catcher (That I know of) so even if you could load a live action plate (or still photograph for digital matte painting work) (which you cannot right now) there's no way without a lot of manual to match Terragens lighting such as light direction, intensity and shadow fall and direction to that of the background plate!

Maybe one day Terragen will get these tools such as "Set Image as Background" in the image shader a common feature in other 3d applications, normally used to assist modeling but with Terragen such a feature would be use to have a photograph as a plate that you wish to match 3D terrain to, for the intent of digital matte painting. if one day we get this stuff then we can start talking about the addition of Action Safe and Title Safe Areas.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D

MGebhart

Cyber-Angel

Yes, Action Safe and Title Safe Areas. I am use to using them in 3DS MAX for all my renders. I know this feature is normally used for TV or Film out-put but, it gives me a lot of control when I zoom and pan to fit the scene.

Thanks.
Marc Gebhart