Autumn Trees

Started by MGebhart, November 15, 2009, 02:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

Here is a Texas Red Oak. I will get around to the Maple later. This is a higher resolution tree.

Again, let me know if you have import problems.

http://web.me.com/marcgebhart1/New_Site_Under_Constuction/AutumnTrees.html

Marc
Marc Gebhart

TheBlackHole

Quote from: Walli on November 15, 2009, 06:32:35 PM
Well, I am not only using Xfrog to model the plants I give away, or the few I am offering on nwda or on turbosquid for example. Apart from that: If you know my real name (which is not hard to find out) and compare that to the splash screen of Xfrog 3.5 for example, or with the pdf´s that come with Xfrog products, then you´ll notice something ;-)

All content created and delivered by Xfrog is of course copyrighted by Xfrog. You are not allowed to give away models or textures, that have been created by Xfrog/Greenworks. You are not allowed to take original models, change them and give them away, let it be for free or on a commercial base. And Xfrog of course is interested in protecting its property. I mean, you are also not allowed to take parts of the code of Terragen and redistribute.
However, you can of course create your own textures and models from scratch. They are yours.

By the way, the trees look nice.
I don't quite understand. Does XFrog own everything you make with it?  ???
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

MGebhart

If you use Xfrog to build trees, plants, ground cover, etc. you must create, from scratch, the geometry and all associated textures. You may not distribute any models created by Greenworks. These are the ready made trees, plants etc. that ship with or are purchased separately for Xfrog. You may use their models in your personal renderings just don't give them to other people.

The trees, plants etc. that you create (in Xfrog) from the ground up, using your geometry and textures, may be sold or given away.

Walli, in my opinion, is the last word on this since he works for or contributes to Greenworks.  

This is my understanding also, this topic is getting tiresome.

Marc

If a bus station is where a bus stops, and a train station is where a train stops, then what happens at a workstation? Where the work stops.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" - Shakespeare  :)
Marc Gebhart

schmeerlap

I downloaded your Red Oak. It'll come in useful for the TG2 challenge "Autumn Colours" over at Renderosity.

Thanks Marc

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

MGebhart

You are welcome, John.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

otakar

Thank you for the trees.  Any chance you can make some with just a few leaves left? 8)

Walli

don´t want to redirect this thread into a "laywer thread", as the download Marc provides is much to nice for that.

Just those last comments:
- I am not the last instance and don´t have the last word ;-)
- @TheBlackHole, don´t mix up Xfrog the software and the maker Xfrog.inc (or Greenworks Gbr) of the software Xfrog. Xfrog.inc owns the software and of course owns all materials that are shipped together with the software. But it of course does not own what you create completely on your own.
Just compare to a different application, like max or maya. Of course you can sell what you create with this app - but you can´t take the demo materials/objects that ship with the soft and sell those.

And now please concentrate on those beautiful trees ;-)

inkydigit

thanks Marc...more trees is always good!

Henry Blewer

I did a test render of the other trees. I really liked them.  :(
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

MGebhart

Here is the Maple Tree I promised.

Again, let me know if you have import problems.

http://web.me.com/marcgebhart1/New_Site_Under_Constuction/AutumnTrees.html

Marc
Marc Gebhart