Chestnut Tree

Started by MGebhart, November 22, 2009, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

Here I go again. A Chestnut Tree.

It's nice to have free time knowing the teenager won't ask for a ride.  ;D

http://web.me.com/marcgebhart1/New_Site_Under_Constuction/FreeTrees.html

I hope everyone is OK with me knocking out these trees.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

Henry Blewer

Ok? I think you are as popular here as Walli now. Plants and objects are things which have been needed for sometime. There is never enough of them. I have been eyeballing the objects at NWDA for sometime. I would also like to get the XFrog collection and XFrog. Money...
Thank you for making them!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

schmeerlap

Quote from: MGebhart on November 22, 2009, 12:24:50 PM
I hope everyone is OK with me knocking out these trees.

I've now downloaded six of your trees, and a big thankyou to you for making them available, they are most appreciated. I imagine most of us are happy downloading them. (maybe Xfrog are not dancing in the streets). And maybe some, like me, are experiencing a wee twinge of guilt now and again. After all I realise the Xfrog application doesn't come cheap. Let me quickly add, that's completely my problem with my conscience. I would suggest that when you are happy with the level of your own proficiency in creating trees, that you sell some of them in packages for a small charge. Or you might consider commission work for a small fee. For instance I suggested that Inky find someone to make him a bodhi tree for his buddha to sit under. Me paying for it, not Inky, as it was my suggestion.
Anyway, keep up the good work, Marc.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

MGebhart

Thanks a ton guys.

XFrog is not that difficult to master. The most time consuming part is photographing leafs and tree bark then using a clipping path in Photoshop to prepare them for export as a Tif file with alpha. Really, once you understand the logic behind Xfrog's creation process it's a snap.

Last year I purchased Greenworks billboard trees to incorporate into my Architectural renderings and they worked great. So, I found that I needed the 3D stuff for exterior shots and got XFrog 3.5. Posting them here has given me the time to figure out the program and allow Planetside forum members to benefit. Everyone here has been very helpful with my learning Terragen and I want to give back to the members.

The image posted is a sample where I used the billboards. (outside the windows)

Thank you all.

Marc    
Marc Gebhart

Henry Blewer

I can move in on Thursday! I agree with John. Your work is very good. Talk to FrankB over at NWDA. I'm sure they would love to have more items to sell. I have a long list of packs and Xfrog items, plus Xfrog, and a new computer.... (some cheese with my whine please)
But I can skip a pizza now and again. It's time to buy some packs!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

littlecannon

Thanks MGebhart for you hard work to provide us with some quality trees... and that's a nice pad.
Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...