Volker Harun's Junk - Lighting Update

Started by Volker Harun, February 15, 2007, 04:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volker Harun

Thanks for the replies :-)

@archonforest: Yes, indeed. Hence this is my 'Junk-Thread' I post images of scenes, that I am working on and will not continue. For this image the atmosphere, PoV and surface were a 2h playing with settings. And after a while I got bored by optimizing the water's and fake stones' appearance.
So mostly, in this thread, do not expect HiRes-Renders ;-)

Dune

Super render, the subtle colors are really great indeed. The sky and subtle, soft lighting make it perfect.

mhaze

bobbystahr

I love the scene construction but with my colourblindness I guess I need more garish colouring as it dissolves into murky mud for my eyes...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

nice! Some pretty good variation for something you call junk! I like it.
It has been eaten.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: fleetwood on January 07, 2016, 05:54:27 PM
Like the palette of colors. Good to see a render from you.  :)

Exactly my thoughts :)

Welcome back Volker!

inkydigit

great to see you again too!
I love the details and colours as has been said before... though, maybe a touch too sharp?

which pixel filter did you use?

cheers
J

Volker Harun

It was rendered with Catmull-Rom at 3200x1800px scaled it down in Gimp after some unsharp mask ... I am out of order concerning sharpness control ... I am missing my iMac's screen ;-)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Volker Harun on January 11, 2016, 11:09:35 AM
It was rendered with Catmull-Rom at 3200x1800px scaled it down in Gimp after some unsharp mask ... I am out of order concerning sharpness control ... I am missing my iMac's screen ;-)

heh heh, you have my sympathy.
Me as well but I can't run TG on my pre intel mac..2.5 G RAM will barely install version 1 when I tried....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist