3D Stereoscopic Pairs

Started by TheBlackHole, November 28, 2009, 10:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

Follow the instructions on the page. No red/blue glasses necessary! You can make images similar to these in TG, just move the camera a bit to the side and render those two positions at a low resolution. Then put them right next to each other and do what you do on that link! (Hint: it's not click)
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Cyber-Angel

??? Follow what instructions on what page? A link would be nice thank you.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

@Cyber-Angel
Oops, yeah. Forgot to put a link. :D
Here it is:
http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/3dimages.htm
@njeneb
Thanks! ;) I found it in a Google Image search for "black hole".
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

JimB

It sometimes helps if you hold your hands up as if framing the image pair, then move your hands backwards and forwards to block each eye from its unnecessary image.

You should try and work out a common focal point for both cameras. Just moving one camera to the left, for example, means you're focused on infinity and can be a bit of a headache. Using a common focal point also affects where the image comes out of the monitor, and which is 'behind'.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

TheBlackHole

Quote from: JimB on November 29, 2009, 07:38:51 PM
It sometimes helps if you hold your hands up as if framing the image pair, then move your hands backwards and forwards to block each eye from its unnecessary image.

You should try and work out a common focal point for both cameras. Just moving one camera to the left, for example, means you're focused on infinity and can be a bit of a headache. Using a common focal point also affects where the image comes out of the monitor, and which is 'behind'.
What I meant was to render your favorite scene (just a suggestion) and save the image. Then render it again but move the camera slightly to the side. Put the two images together to make a stereoscopic pair.

JimB

Same thing applies. I'm not saying anything's wrong with what you say, just that if you want to go one step further you can have a lot of fun with making stereoscopic imagery.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

Hannes

Funny that you created this topic. Here's one I did a few years ago. You have to use the crosseyed watching method to get the effect.

Marlin

Check at Muttyan's home page....

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/index.html

There is free software to work with sterio immages and movies.  :D