Tree Generator 2

Started by MGebhart, December 04, 2009, 09:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

I found this while surfing.

It may be good for distant trees. It cost around $50.00.

http://www.treegenerator.com/

Marc
Marc Gebhart

schmeerlap

Thanks for this heads-up, Marc.

Just downloaded the 30-day demo. Pretty impressive functionality for the price. Looks a bargain compared to Xfrog. Already looking forward to a forthcoming release when the author adds leaf image transparency. That'll bring the poly count down dramatically.
And with a few tweaks and improvements (such as that mentioned above) this app could seriously eat into Xfrog's share of the hobbyist section of the market.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

MGebhart

Hi John,

Have you had a chance to bring a tree into T2?

I got the model to come in fine but the textures will not show up. I tried several choices in T2 but no luck. I then brought the model into 3DS MAX and textured then exported. This seemed to work fine.

What have you come up with as a solution?

Marc
Marc Gebhart

TheBlackHole

There needs to be some kind of lightning generator, somewhat like a tree maker. I've tried tree[d] and it's OK, but I was hoping to use it for lightning. After seeing it, I discovered that no matter how similar trees and lightning look separately, models of trees look nothing like lightning. :P Anyone got any info about those?
Sorry if I hijacked the thread.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

MGebhart

Like this?

This was done real quick. If I took my time it would look more realistic.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

TheBlackHole

Like that but in 3D. I can tell that's Xenofex 2. :D
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

schmeerlap

Quote from: MGebhart on December 06, 2009, 12:05:36 PM
What have you come up with as a solution?

Yep, same problem.
Solution similar to yourself, Marc; import to another 3d app, (I used Blacksmith3d) and re-export as obj to TG2.

Just done a simple (somewhat muscular) stump as a test.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.