Human skull model?

Started by domdib, December 16, 2009, 05:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: domdib on December 17, 2009, 07:47:38 AM
Thanks, T-U. Unfortunately, I don't have Sketch-up Pro, which is what I'd need to export it in the right format - I should have clarified that I want to render it in TG2.

I knew, but I thought you might be able to do so, unfortunately you're not.
If you want I can ask a friend of mine to do so, he has sketchup pro at work.

Cheers,
Martin

TheBlackHole

Quote from: domdib on December 17, 2009, 05:37:33 AM
Unfortunately, none of the free models are what I want - one is OK apart from text and other stuff imposed on it, while another is obviously faceted. I guess I'll have to pony up  :(
Take the one splattered with text and stuff into a modeler (Anim8or's a good one) and delete everything but the skull. For the faceted one, take it into Anim8or and selesct Build>Convert to Subdivided. Then re-export it. 
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

domdib

@Martin, if he wouldn't mind converting it to DXF, that would be great. There's no big hurry for it.

@TheBlackHole - I did think of trying to open the "texted" one in Blender, but I'm not really a modeller, so my guess is I'll end up doing damage.

TheBlackHole

Try it. Who knows? It might work!
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

matrix2003

"LOL misspent youth?"   :D

- very funny stuff here J.  - Bill .

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

domdib

Thanks again - glad to profit from your mis-expenditure  ;)

inkydigit

you probably spotted this at TS...http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/269706
its v low poly tho'
btw cheers Bill...glad you liked that!
Jason
:)

domdib

I hadn't, but thanks for pointing it out  :)