Files to share

Started by Markal, December 18, 2009, 12:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markal

I have many 2049 and 4096 terrain files....many, many, many. I don't want to take up unnecessary time or space on this site if no one would be interested.
Most files were created using World Machine and are saved as .ter.  I also have real world DEMS converted to .ter....most of the Grand Canyon, 7 or 8 of Mars, most of California, Utah, Washington State, New Hampshire, Oregon, Arizona...my own creations usually have square or circular formations suitable for fantasy or Sci-fi type images....I want to contribute and feel a part of this great community.....any takers?  Let me know what you're looking for and we can work it out....
Thanks
Mark

inkydigit

hi Mark, I have some of your very cool terrains, you can never have too many good terrains though!...have you uploaded any at Ashundar/Terragen.org?

schmeerlap

I can vouch for the excellence of your ter heightfields. If you have them hosted somewhere, then just provide a download link to them here with perhaps a thumbnail render. I'm sure they'll be very popular.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Hannes

You can never have enough terrains. It would be great if you'd share them!!

MGebhart

Yes, share.

Very nice of you.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

Yup, Inkydigit has the right idea. Pop them up at Ashundar(TG.org). I believe that they(Old Blaggard and Oshyan - called Java Jones there) are trying to make their site THE place for TG related downloads and file sharing recently.

It's a really great site with many, many downloads already, and you should be able to fit any sized terrain file into it, no problems.

I rarely use heightfields but the more the merrier. You never know when you'll need a quick terrain for a scene, get'em up, Markal! :)

TheBlackHole

Can you shrink some of the Mars ones to 513? The free version of Terragen Classic won't let me render them at their original size.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Matt

In the free version of Terragen Classic you can load the larger sizes and resize them down to 513 on the Landscape Settings dialog (the Size button if I remember correctly).

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

TheBlackHole

Oh. Thanks.
@Markal
Zip 'em up. Get a Google Site like I have. Upload the ZIP. Then give us the link.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Markal

@TheBlackHole
Send me your e-mail address and I'll send them direct....zipped at 2049 so you can downsize them :)
markedwards@cableone.net.

TheBlackHole

Just click the envelope under my black hole.

aymenk2003

Quote from: TheBlackHole on December 19, 2009, 10:21:05 PM
Just click the envelope under my black hole.
Excuse me but you have no envellope may be you have to change your profile...and add a email or is hidden  then unhidden it...

N_KAID
Le peu que je sais, c'est à mon ignorance que je le dois.

TheBlackHole

baizewizard

Hi Mark

As a complete newbie I would love to download one or two of your more alien terrains to study.
Would that be possible?
Not sure of the best place to get hold of them.

Cheers

inkydigit

@baizewizard: try here: http://www.terragen.org/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat4 if they have been uploaded tp terragen.org they will be here!