T2TP Video Podcast...

Started by Dark Fire, February 17, 2007, 07:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fire

I have finally finished and uploaded my first video podcast, which is about Terragen 2 Technology Preview! You can go to my website to see the video podcast or subscribe to this feed in iTunes.

WARNING: PLEASE RESPECT MY BANDWIDTH ALLOWANCE - THE VIDEO PODCAST IS QUITE BIG (the Windows Media version is 8.1MB and the MP4 version is 6.6MB). DO NOT GO CRAZY AND DOWNLOAD IT 500 TIMES. IF POSSIBLE, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT AT ALL FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

If anybody does go nuts, my site will simply be shut down and I will have to write a particularly remorseful email to get it back...

[Edit: 18th Jan 2008]
I have, rather smoothly, moved things to a new domain name and from my website to my blog. The above links will still work for the forseeable future, but this link will work for much longer and the files available there will be properly watched and maintained. I haven't had time to do a second video podcast yet, but I already intend to do a video podcast on my own TG2 render farm manager. However, that will be at least the third video podcast, because the second one (about Tenerife) has been planned. I will also need to finish my render farm before I do a video podcast about it...

Also...
WARNING REMOVED. My blog is much less bandwidth-intensive that my old website was, and I consequently now have bandwidth to burn.
[/Edit]

Dark Fire

By the way, that was my 300th post. Isn't it funny how major posts and major post numbers coincide?

(3rd person with over 300 posts on the Planetside forums! Yey!  :D)

Will

Neet great job mate :) Watching it now.

As for your bandwith issue I will go all R. Lee Ermey on anyone who crashs the site...you all have no inklink on how much power I hold  ;)

Regards,

Will

yea I know what you mean I got my 700th today too   :P
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Silly postmonsters... :P.  I'm downloading the feed now, and I'll only do it once ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

is it becuase you fear my wrath?

you're on your way your self there post wise.

regards,

Will

old_blaggard

Eh... I'm always a bit confused about the desire for high numbers of posts.  I honestly can't bring myself to care that much.  I liked the podcast, Dark Fire.  I admit that I was half-expecting to suffer through some ridiculously nasal-voiced nerd's rantings, but it was actually very tastefully done.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

MeltingIce

If you have bandwidth issues, I can host it for you.  I get 5TB per month  :P

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

^ how nice. And I agree with you comletely Old_blaggard I don't really care about the post number thats why I usaly don't bring. The podcast was, as you said, well done Dark Fire keep it up :)

Regards,

Will

Dark Fire

Quote from: MeltingIce on February 17, 2007, 11:45:59 PM
If you have bandwidth issues, I can host it for you.  I get 5TB per month  :P
Woah. 5TB PER MONTH!? I've never even heard of such bandwidth allowance. Perhaps if my bandwidth allowance was measured per month that would be better, but unfortunately it is measured per day. Anyway, my calculations show that my website should (just about) come in under the bandwidth limit for today (provided the traffic levels stay roughly the same). Thanks for the offer MeltingIce, but I no longer think I'll need it...

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 17, 2007, 11:42:22 PM
Eh... I'm always a bit confused about the desire for high numbers of posts.  I honestly can't bring myself to care that much.
I keep on trying to make myself not care, but the fact that I am now steaming ahead towards Oshyan in terms of post numbers, not on purpose I can assure you, has suddenly got me interested. However, I don't think I'll ever catch up with him - I'm bound to stop using these forums this much soon...

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 17, 2007, 11:42:22 PM
I liked the podcast, Dark Fire.  I admit that I was half-expecting to suffer through some ridiculously nasal-voiced nerd's rantings, but it was actually very tastefully done.
Thanks. It did try to make this first video podcast easy for myself by taking it at a slow pace and letting the music and pictures do a lot of the work so I wouldn't have to talk too much...

Oshyan

With 5TB/mo I'm guessing you've grabbed the Site5 "$5 deal" plan like I did. :D If that's so, what do you think of it? I suppose you're hosting your entire current website off of it? Any resource/load issues so far? How long have you been on it?

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

Quote from: Oshyan on February 18, 2007, 03:59:24 PM
With 5TB/mo I'm guessing you've grabbed the Site5 "$5 deal" plan like I did. :D If that's so, what do you think of it? I suppose you're hosting your entire current website off of it? Any resource/load issues so far? How long have you been on it?

- Oshyan
That deal is unbelievable. $5 per month is (roughly) £2.50 per month!

Anyway, here is the main point of this post:
I WITHDRAW THE BANDWIDTH WARNING I POSTED EARLIER. YOU CAN NOW DOWNLOAD AND WATCH BOTH VERSIONS OF THE VIDEO PODCAST FREELY.
(The initial rush of traffic is over, so I'm not at risk of going over my bandwidth limit any more).

king_tiger_666

How much to they allow you per day?... also no probs watching the file seems quite fast...good job
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Dark Fire

My daily bandwidth limit is 250MB - which is quite stupid when you consider that I am also given 250MB of space. If I were to use all of my space, the entire website could only be downloaded once daily...

By the way, on Sunday about 289MB of data was downloaded, but no action seems to have been taken - I guess there is an allowance for random days when the amount of data downloaded is unusually high...

king_tiger_666

data limits here are also silly both in bandwidth and disk space. so i just use my 50mb free from my isp no data limit..
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Dark Fire

I would find 50MB very restrictive - I almost have that much stuff online now...