Floating window

Started by normhol, January 02, 2010, 03:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normhol

When I try to create a second cliff terrain, I get the message as in the attachment... Where the heck is the "floating window" ?
When I touch the Window tab, I get "hide the floating window" ...I want to see it,  not hide it.
Norm

TheBlackHole

Press Alt+Tab a few times. Each time a different window comes up. To see all your windows, press Alt+Tab once, then again twice, again three times, ... until your floating window comes up.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

jo

Hi Norm,

Did you already have the param view for Heightfield shader 02 opened in a floating window when this happened?

Regards,

Jo

normhol

Sorry, I have no idea and now I can't duplicate it when I started over with a fresh pallette.
Thanks both of you for replying.
Norm.

Tangled-Universe

Long ago I had this once too and when I switched on my lcd-tv it showed up there ;D Seemed it was placed on my second monitor :)

Henry Blewer

My Yahoo Widgets get scrambled all over the place when I change screen resolutions. Sometimes they are not on either monitor. There is a keyboard shortcut which will move windows to the center of the main screen. I have forgotten what it is. DisplayFusion by Binary Fortress Software has the ability to control windows and works better than Windows windows window controls.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

normhol

The crazy thing is that they work OK now. Thanks for the suggestions.
Growing up in a time when  one had to ask the phone operator to get a party on the phone for you, it's obvious that my "techie" expertise is greatly lacking.  I'm glad there are you "young'uns" out there who had the opportunity of learning this in school and can help when we need it.
Cheers,
Norm.