Ashundar Contest News

Started by old_blaggard, February 18, 2007, 09:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_blaggard

This thread will keep you guys apprised of the contests going on over at Ashundar.

Ashundar's Monthly Feature Image
Theme: Hostile to Life
Deadline: February 28th

IotW 60
Theme: Terrain provided
Deadline: February 25th

IotW 61
Theme: Artificial
Deadline: March 4th
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

Good idea, thank you!

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Just a quick update:

Ashundar's Monthly Feature Image
Theme: Hostile to Life
Deadline: February 28th

IotW 61
Theme: Artificial
Deadline: March 4th

IotW 62
Deadline: March 11th
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Cyber-Angel

Hi guy's,

Just for the benefit of people who have not yet had a chance to do so, the voting for the February AMFI contest is open and shall be so until midnight (Central Coast Time) on Thursday, March 8th.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel (AMFI Contest Moderator)  ;D   

old_blaggard

Yet another quick update:

Ashundar's Monthly Featured Image:
Theme: A Long Drop Down
Deadline: March 31st

IotW 62
Deadline: March 11th

IotW 63
Theme: Moist
Deadline: March 18th

I encourage you all to participate in these contests - if you're looking for something to do since MeltingIce's contest has wrapped up, come on over and take a peek.

old_blaggard

I thought that since people are a bit more experienced now, contests might be more appealing.  Here is what's happening on Ashundar right now:

IotW 72
Deadline: May 20th

IotW 73
Theme: Above the clouds
Deadline: May 27th

Ashundar's Monthly Featured Image:
Theme: Paradise
Deadline: May 31st

ProjectX

I haven't entered recently for a variety of reasons (I forgot to hand in my Drought AMFI image - lol, and my IOTW71 (I think) image rendered 3 hours late. Talk about bad luck!), but I've got a real cracker going for IOTW73 (total cloud samples in the scene - inc. atmosphere samples - is in the region of 3500 - most likely a waste but who cares!), my IOTW72 is lackluster however, with displacement errors so I won't be submitting it.

old_blaggard

I'm excited to see you IotW 73 one.  Hopefully some other people will see fit to enter :).

Cyber-Angel

Hi Guy's,

Just to let Ashudar members know that voting for the May AMFI Contest is open the deadline is Midnight on Monday June 9th (Sydney Time, as it is the best time for my in my time zone). Also the June AMFI contest is now open, this months theme is: Fine Art Landscape.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel (AMFI Contest Moderator)  :)

Cyber-Angel

Hi Guy's,

Just a reminder that voting for the November AMFI Contest is currently open and will be so until Midnight (Ceder Knowles, New Jersey Time) on Monday, December 8th.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel (AMFI Contest Moderator)     

dandelO

I've wanted to enter Ashundar's contests for months now but I'm a bit confused, what with all the different threads for posting to. Threads for images, threads for discussions, threads for voting, I just don't get it and up until now have been kind of embarassed to ask about it. There just seems to be too many contests and threads, anyone care to clarify this for me, I'm lost over there when it comes to the contests. I'd love to participate. I have actually made scenes for previous ones and just never posted them because of this. I miss entering contests. :(

p.s: I'm not daft, just lost. :)

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: dandelO on December 05, 2008, 05:58:40 PM
I've wanted to enter Ashundar's contests for months now but I'm a bit confused, what with all the different threads for posting to. Threads for images, threads for discussions, threads for voting, I just don't get it and up until now have been kind of embarassed to ask about it. There just seems to be too many contests and threads, anyone care to clarify this for me, I'm lost over there when it comes to the contests. I'd love to participate. I have actually made scenes for previous ones and just never posted them because of this. I miss entering contests. :(

p.s: I'm not daft, just lost. :)

Its quite easy really, Ashhundar has two different contests running one is called Image of the Week and the other is called The Ashudar Monthly Featured Image (AMFI for short) each has a theme (or some times not, as it gets hard to come up with themes all the time) with this in mind you have to enter the right one.

As to threads, at least in relation to the AMFI contest; the running contest (Denoted by its calender month) has two threads (Posting and Discussion) once you've completed an entry for a given month a link gets posted to that image in the (Posting Thread), the discussion thread is for asking questions about that months contest and so on. At the end of the contest the posting thread is locked and a voting thread opened (Remember one vote per member per contest) for the duration of Seven (7) days from the close of the posting thread, at which time the voting will be closed and the votes counted and the winner announced.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel (AMFI Contest Moderator)  :)           

dandelO

Thanks, C-A. I'll have a little look, see if I can get anything done.

Cheers.

Cyber-Angel

Hi,

There is a tie break in the November AMFI Contest (Primary Voting is now locked, as i cannot extend it any further) please see this thread for details http://www.ashundar.com/index.php?topic=4592.0

Basically i've set up a tie break thread that will be opened for seven (7) days form today with the votes form that thread been added to those in the main voting thread with the image with the highest numerical value been the winner: If however at the end of that time there is still a tie break I as contest moderator will chose a winner.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel (AMFI Contest Moderator)     

Cyber-Angel

Hi guy's its a new month and yes a new contest which has just gone live: the theme for August is A Seance Of Mystery I look forward too seeing what you guy's come up with.  ;D This contest is open to both Terragen Classic and TG2 users.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel