Global Clouds Setup 2 (test render)

Started by nvseal, January 06, 2010, 11:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Quote from: nvseal on January 07, 2010, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: FrankB on January 07, 2010, 12:48:39 PM
seven???  :o

Yes. In fact, there are 8. Only I haven't been using the 8th since the acceleration cache needs to be turned off on it and I can't stomach the render times with it - but the clouds it makes look good though  ;D.

;D ;D ;D
Here a layer, there a layer, it all adds up ;)
I hope you don't do all your test renders in that resolution considering the render times, or at least hope you use crops...
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Thelby

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

Okay, here is a render that is not so overcast. There isn't any discplacement in this one as these are all from the cloud development file. The camera is about 260km above the surface. Most of these are low level clouds; I'll try to find someplace with more of a combination of high and low.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/009/7/c/Procedural_Cloud_Setup_v2___3_by_nvseal.jpg

TheBlackHole

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

FrankB

@blackhole: can't you resort to using a less invasive form of expressing your appreciation, please?

Thanks.

Tangled-Universe

That looks pretty awesome Stephen, really like this version, great work! :)

Cheers,
Martin

Quote from: FrankB on January 10, 2010, 06:50:42 AM
@blackhole: can't you resort to using a less invasive form of expressing your appreciation, please?

Thanks.

Yes please!

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Mandrake

Those look real good!! Are they going to work with your planet pack? Because that looks like a different planet.
After fooling around with 3dguys settings, I can see why you are using so many layers.
Now that I'm starting to get the 2500 parts in this steam punk station under control, I'll have to look at the clouds again.
It's not easy that's for sure!! I need a bank of 40 or so computers to work on!! ;)

Mandrake

Oshyan, if you monitoring, could you please delete Blackhole's smiley post!!!
It's screwing up the thread, it lags my typing down, type a paragraph and it takes 30 sec. to make it to the screen, and his post is the only thing that could be doing it. Thanks

sjefen

Really nice looking clouds :P

Regards,
Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

EoinArmstrong

Jeez - they're amazing - pat yourself on the back :)

domdib

I'd say they're ready for prime time. Any word on when we can expect them?

nvseal

Quote from: Mandrake on January 10, 2010, 04:13:28 PM
Those look real good!! Are they going to work with your planet pack? Because that looks like a different planet.

They will work for the planet pack but are not designed for rendering from the surface - 100km is about as low as I would go. The planet here is just a simple planet object as the file is only meant for the clouds.

Quote from: domdib on January 10, 2010, 06:07:39 PM
I'd say they're ready for prime time. Any word on when we can expect them?

I've got two more test renders to run before I call it done. Once those are finished and if there are no major issues I find in them, I'll call it done. I was aiming to release this past week but I think this week will be the release.

MacGyver

I like your newest image very much, although it's just meant to be a test! :D
I have to admit that I'm curious how the clouds would look from 100km or lower?!
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine