Global Clouds Setup 2 (test render)

Started by nvseal, January 06, 2010, 11:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

I'm getting nearer to being done with this now. This one, I think, is far better than my old setup.

Full size: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/005/0/2/Procedural_Cloud_Setup_v2_by_nvseal.jpg

I'm rendering another test render at the moment from low orbit. If the next few test renders come out as I hope I'm going to call it done.

C & C welcome.

Tangled-Universe

Wow Stephen, these look pretty awesome ;D
Cheers,
Martin

EoinArmstrong

Wow - that's awesome good - looks like a movie effect :)

domdib

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

MacGyver

There are some pretty good looking formations in there :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Tangled-Universe

Yeah man, almost perfect if you'd ask me. The only small features you could improve are those very bright and smaller speckled clouds. They stand out a bit too much (previous render as well maybe).
I really like the lighting on the clouds here. Fantastic! :D

Cheers,
Martin

Gannaingh

FrankB

cool, but a question: can you post an example with less coverage, larger, and softer features?

Cheers,
Frank

Henry Blewer

I agree with Frank. The coverage is quite high in the last image. And the smaller clouds lighting is too bright. But that may be fixed by eliminating them.

It's awesome looking as it is. You have come a long way with this. It's nice to see your hard work working out.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

nvseal

I agree about the clouds Martin. Those clouds and some blend shader issues are on my to-polish list.

Quote from: FrankB on January 07, 2010, 12:12:08 PM
cool, but a question: can you post an example with less coverage, larger, and softer features?

Cheers,
Frank

That is what I'm working on right now that will show more low level clouds without being so overcast but it is going to take a while to render (this one took about 29 hours on a 3.2 ghz dual core). The task of fixing these little issues is actually quite short, but the render times are so long (with the 7 cloud layers) that most of the time is spend doing test renders.

FrankB

nvseal

Quote from: FrankB on January 07, 2010, 12:48:39 PM
seven???  :o

Yes. In fact, there are 8. Only I haven't been using the 8th since the acceleration cache needs to be turned off on it and I can't stomach the render times with it - but the clouds it makes look good though  ;D.