Cyber war, rumored for months apparently in full gear

Started by matrix2003, January 16, 2010, 12:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrix2003

The Google split with China is only the tip of the ice-berg. Many experts are saying that Google standing up to China is something the US and many major corporate entity's should have done a long time ago. I have been fascinated with this topic for a while.  And while I was blissfully reading in my den, no one seemed to really notice or at least it did not make the papers-  
   WE ARE IN A FULL BLOWN VIRTUAL WAR.    

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/world/asia/15diplo.html?scp=4&sq=cyber%20attack&st=cse
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/01/15/this_week_at_war_google_has_more_guts_than_the_us_government
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cyberwar/
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Seth

if only wars could be like this one, we could live quietly...

no dead soldiers, no men slaughtered, no children killed by intelligent bombs, no "W" giving false reason to attack another country ;D

matrix2003

I agree.  War should be relegated to video games, and fantasy.  ;)

Kadri

Little country not much to lose for the big corporations = Democracy outcry , embargo and sometimes war
Big country too much to lose for the big corporations = Cautious cyberwar outcry (barely) and diplomatic dance.

If your country is powerful  you can get away with nearly anything . The one who accusing China are not much better ones (ABD - Irak ?)
But yes i know it is not so easy to compare this things but i think you get the point.

If your country is week then the democracy  apostles are coming very quickly after you.
(Right or wrong is another matter and quite irrelevant most of the time )

I can not believe that the big corporations would leave China just for the sake of democracy .
There have to be economic matters to have to do this.

The ideals are forced only on the weak if the riche benefit from them . Otherwise they can be ignored !

O man ! I get depressed ! i am going to make a sunny  image with plentifully green plants  :)
There are no politics only subjective critisim ...O wait !

Cheers.

Kadri.

penang

I actually spent some time to look into this matter.

It started with Iran. They build nuke stuffs and everybody is afraid of lunatics having nuke bombs.

So someone went into Iran and killed one of top Iranian scientist with a car bomb.

Iran strike back by attacking China's search engine "Baidu", purposely leaving behind IP addresses that point towards the United States.

Only after that China strike at Google and 33 other US companies.

It does read like a spy novel, doesn't it? :p

Seth

matrix2003

Cyber-Angel

Well if China wants a war then, bring it on? You first go after key infrastructure systems, Power Grid (Including Nuclear power plants), water supply and treatment plants, (without any kind of predictable pattern).

You then go after their industrial base and go after their manufacturing facilities, steel mills, major ports, cargo and freight handling facilities (This would include both sea and air cargo) and the like.

You go after their food distribution network, change and or cancel delivery schedules create long traffic delays by altering the timing patterns of traffic lights and the like, thereby adopting a key element of warfare which is deny the enemy the free movement of food, thus weakening him and robbing of the will to fight for if you enemy is hungry is will not have the will to fight you.

You hit their banking and economics systems freezing key bank accounts, emptying others, rerouting transactions, forcing critical computer systems to reboot at random times, devaluing their currency so its worthless, plant disinformation with key officials whilst giving others similar information yet different so mistrust and chaos spread crippling them, when there should be unity.

You go after their military complex with misinformation and anti-Chinese state propaganda, you play on their worst fears and tell them they are coming true very soon, you hijack their military radio frequencies so that there is disruption of communications, you also do this with their satellites (insuring to do this to civil ones as well as a counter-counter measure).

That how you deal with people like that nowadays. Yes its extreme, but then so is war.  ;D

All of the above is what one might do if so inclined and what you'd do if you liked to play to the point of nuclear brinkmanship, not advocating any one would do any of the above, just saying what you could do is all.   

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel                

Seth

that's war for pussies !
Nuke the enemy !

Long time ago, my idol said that what is best in life is "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
not doing geek stuff behind a screen, goddamnit !

Kadri

Ooo man! From now on your images won't be the same for me  ;D

Peace !

Kadri.

Seth

matrix2003

"In response to Chinese attacks on the Google satellites, Google became self-aware at 11:03am this morning and launched a nuclear strike against mainland China."

Seth

Quote from: matrix2003 on January 19, 2010, 02:16:20 PM
"In response to Chinese attacks on the Google satellites, Google became self-aware at 11:03am this morning and launched a nuclear strike against mainland China."

;D ;D ;D