please reply if you are using TG2 in XP SP3 only!

Started by shadowphile, January 21, 2010, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowphile

are you having tool-tip problems in the node or 3D preview window?
I have two completely different machines with this problem and virtually the only thing in common is XP SP3.
TG developers currently do not have a working XP SP3 machine. (so I believe)
Trying to determine if this problem is related specifically to SP3.
thanks

update: tool-tip issue seems to be more of a video card problem.  Please report your video card as well.
(is there a poll function on this site?)

RArcher

Win XP SP3 - on my work machine with no issues with the tool tips.

Kevin F

Henry Blewer

I use Vista, but I hit the population generate button once. The progress window jumped behind the work window. I thought this was odd, and may be somehow related. It might be an issue with the buttons... :-\
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

shadowphile

kevin F and Rarcher:  can I ask your video card?  thanks

RArcher

Kevin F

shadowphile

Hmm.  Both of those are somewhat older and 'PRO', meaning the drivers are nothing like mine.  Both my machines have GeForce cards, although I have an older Quadro4 750 XGL AGP (with a whopping 128M!).  Too bad I don't have an AGP slot to try it in.

jaf

Interesting... I'm running xp x64 and don't think there's a sp3 for it, though I keep it up-to-date.

However, I just looked at possible tooltip problems and noticed if I placed the cursor over a node group name or individual object name, I see a quick flash -- too quick to read the text, but over a node input/output/menu item/menu button I see the correct tooltip.  Moving the cursor in the preview also sometimes shows the flashing textbox -- not sure if it's supposed to display an object name?

Is this related?
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Oshyan

I've actually been able to reproduce this on my laptop, XP SP3 yes, but I'd be more inclined to think it has at least something to do with the poor OpenGL support of my onboard Intel graphics system...

- Oshyan

Dune

I work with SP2 and have the flashing tooltips as well. GeForce 7600 GS graphics card.

---Dune

shadowphile

This thread has more details in the support section, including some detective work:
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=8663.0

jaf: that's exactly the problem.  If you move a node or 3D object/camera close to the right window edge and float your mouse over it, you will see the problem.  Outside TG, it's good, inside it disappears.
My work PC is SP3 but uses an older FireGL card.  I'm going to check that later today.

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

normhol

I have XP SP3, Intel 2 Duo CPU, 3.00 GHz, 3.21 Ram and I get the same quick flicker with Tooltips in the 3d window.
Norm.

shadowphile

TheBlackHole and normhol:  what are your video cards?