The Way

Started by mhaze, January 31, 2010, 04:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

This pic has given me too many problems! The fake stone distribution is still not right but I now know how too correct that - I've also had problems with XFrog plant textures which will take some time to sort.  However I've run out of time so I'm going to leave this for the moment and return to it in a couple of months time.

Grass - tufty grass not sure who created this - please own up so I can credit you.
Abbey/standing stone - me.

Various grasses and ferns - Walli

domdib

Mmmm... maybe you've been staring at it too long - to me, the fake stone distribution looks great, and the scene is excellent, with a great sense of depth and scale.

Henry Blewer

I have been having similar results with the fake stone shader at larger scales. I think it has to do with the Power fractal type and noise I use for color and displacement. When I get it figured out, I'll post my findings.

The landscape as a whole is really awesome. I would not change anything.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Kadri

Nice scene , Mhaze .
I would crop a little from the upper part of the image .

Kadri.

EoinArmstrong

I like the model of the abbey ruin - is it modelled for mid to long distance viewing only?

The clouds and fake stones are fine.  As Kadri suggests, compositionally, you might have too much sky - a simple crop will sort that out.

mhaze

The abbey ruin is a mixture of very detailed window and some crude block walls - I'll try and find time to refine it and post it.