Some neat strata rock wall

Started by Tangled-Universe, February 01, 2010, 03:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

I agree with Frank, the looks very cool but it seems to overload the image the way it currently is. Nice work!

Tangled-Universe

Well I agree with Frank too of course, since I said it already myself I needed to work on it ;)
Frank, the reflections are 2 reflection shaders with reflectivity, intensity and spread tuned around 0.5, so they aren't bright at all.
What you see is only bright lighting and GI.
I think I won't feel up to trying to get this a whole different look, like ice for example. Too much work :P

I will post an update of this soon! :)

Cheers,
Martin

Tangled-Universe

Now with some more breakup and bushes...please click on the thumb

Henry Blewer

I really like the breakup on the smooth area of the outcrop. This looks real 'aged' and weathered. The bushes also fit well. Wild stuff!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

domdib

Kadri

Martin your work is amazing . I don't say much because i would look like a flatterer (?)  ;D

Kadri.

Tangled-Universe

Thank you all guys :)
I have one or two things in mind I could improve, but I'll see whether if I continue with this...

Cheers,
Martin

Kadri

Setting like you do here should be in TG2 as presets Martin. There are other good works too of course .

If Planetside work with you , pay you i don't know ...

Of course it is good as a 3'th party product too or free (it is too good to be free , i know) ;D
But it would make TG2 stronger if it was directly in TG2 .

Just thinking loud  :)

Cheers.

Kadri.

Tangled-Universe

Well thank you Kadri :)

Of course I can make these things presets, but I'm not sure if it will make a really good product.
It would be nice for still shots, but not for animations, since it is only a big ditch with displacements added to it.
Another difficult aspect is the complexity.

I don't mind sharing these kinds of things with Planetside to pack up with an installer and write some instructions for it.
The decision on including these kinds of things is theirs, not mine :)

Cheers,
Martin

Kadri

I know from Lightwave that they are buying some of the plugins and sometimes the plugin makers too .
Planetside are doing in some way the same  i think  with Jo and Oshyan  :)
But here on the forum are such settings you and the other good Terragenners make , i think it would be good to remind them .
I am sure they read what we are talking here  ;)

Kadri.

Saurav

Amazing details on these latest canyon renders. :)

FrankB

Martin! This looks great, more breakup is better :)

Actually my concern was mostly on the upper left part, which appears too wild. It would be great to mostly smooth down this patch, so that it appears as if some massive stone is poking out of an otherwise softer sand stone wall. So just in case you feel like worrking on this scene again, it may be worth a try, or just test with a low res render.

Best reards,
Frank

Hannes

Incredibly good. The sparse vegetation looks really natural!

Tangled-Universe

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it! :)

Quote from: FrankB on February 08, 2010, 06:37:02 AM
Martin! This looks great, more breakup is better :)

Actually my concern was mostly on the upper left part, which appears too wild. It would be great to mostly smooth down this patch, so that it appears as if some massive stone is poking out of an otherwise softer sand stone wall. So just in case you feel like worrking on this scene again, it may be worth a try, or just test with a low res render.

Best reards,
Frank

Thanks for encouraging to work in it further :)
A simple distance blendshader could solve this issue, so I will definitely check it out.

Cheers,
Martin