"My name is J. J. Abrams...

Started by Hannes, February 05, 2010, 08:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

As an aside, you can actually set up lighting in an external 3D app like Max, then import into Terragen. But then I'd be tempted to keep 3D geometry in the original app and comp it in later. Rather than depending on it all coming out of TG. Especially if you're not relying on GI interaction with near by scenery, shadows, complicated texturing, or self illuminating maps.

Hannes

Thanks for your constructive crits!

@Darthvader1:
Sorry again for bending parts of your ship. It's the damned force, you know...

@TheBlackHole:
I'd love to share the station, but I bought it, so I'm not allowed to, but if you're interested:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=68617

@Hetzen:
Interesting, I didn't think very much about orientating the second station. How would you position and rotate it?
Btw, funny that you wrote about lighting in another app and the "temptation" of rendering the objects completely in the other app. A few years ago I did something similar in 3ds max. I used a background made in TG2  ;D
I also used a lot of opacity maps to fake details.  Here it is:
(I have to confess that the vegetation was rendered in Vue  :-[)

MacGyver

How many years ago you said you rendered this Mutterschiff? ;D
I also had fun reading your post, reminded me about the blob that goes for a sun in TG as well as placing individual objects ;)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Hannes

Kadri

Nice space scene , Hannes .
Space scenes aren't so easy as it seems .

Kadri.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

johnsmith7834

Gannaingh

Hahaha Hannes! You may continue to use my ship so long as you keep making pretty pictures with it :)

Hannes

Hey Daddy, really not that easy with only one hand! ;D

Saurav

Awesome renders, I espically like the first one.

Oshyan

Wonderful image! Do I expose my bias by saying that I prefer it to the 2nd one you posted, done in Max/TG2/Vue? ;D

Of course better tools for working with (and displaying) objects is on our "to do" list. The list is, er, long. But it's on there.

- Oshyan

Hannes

Thank you! Good to hear that it's on the list.