Yellowstone

Started by choronr, February 20, 2010, 04:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

An imaginary depiction of somewhere in Yellowstone Park.  Render time was 12.13.17. The fractal terrain contains the following elements:

•   Voronoi_ fractalized by 'glen5700' available at the Planetside Forum.
•   Dead Tree available at Terragen.org/Ashundar community. Author?
•   Vinca by Ogre available at Ashundar.
•   Hot Air Balloon by Ladana available at the Planetside Forum.
•   Greg's Balloon by Greg Sander available at the Planetside Forum.
•   Big Pine by jcinbama available at the Planetside Forum.
•   Driftwood from a friend.
•   Cirrus Clouds by FrankB available at NWDA.
•   Dry Shrubs by Walli available at NWDA.

The fractalized Voronoi file worked out well and has many uses in addition to the horizontal surface you see here.

Enjoy.

Henry Blewer

It also looks like that TV/film location near Las Vegas, Red Rocks (?). Great work!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

dandelO

Nice, Bob.

Tis my tree. I noticed that the shaders don't work for it recently when I was playing. It's to do with the ray trace objects option and how it handles fractal colour. You'll see that the colour is flat with no contrast.
This tree renders best with the old renderer for now. Planetside has said there'll be a fix for this coming up in the next update, I think.

Seth

very good render !
i really like the colours and atmo !
the clouds are very nice looking too.

good job

choronr

Quote from: njeneb on February 20, 2010, 05:44:51 PM
It also looks like that TV/film location near Las Vegas, Red Rocks (?). Great work!
Thanks Henry. I think the location you're speaking of is actually in California. It has been used a lot

choronr

Quote from: dandelO on February 20, 2010, 05:59:10 PM
Nice, Bob.

Tis my tree. I noticed that the shaders don't work for it recently when I was playing. It's to do with the ray trace objects option and how it handles fractal colour. You'll see that the colour is flat with no contrast.
This tree renders best with the old renderer for now. Planetside has said there'll be a fix for this coming up in the next update, I think.
Thanks for your visit; and, sorry I didn't pick up on the author - I searched 'dead tree' but didn't see your mane come up. Hope the issue gets resolved in the future.

choronr

Quote from: Seth on February 20, 2010, 06:02:40 PM
very good render !
i really like the colours and atmo !
the clouds are very nice looking too.

good job
Thanks Franck. This one was fun putting together.

Markal

Nice one Bob...as you know I'm a contrast and sharpness freak....a bit more contrast for me and this would be over the top!!!

Linda McCarthy

Wherever it is, I want to be there.  Love everything about this excellent+ render.

choronr

Quote from: Markal on February 20, 2010, 07:36:15 PM
Nice one Bob...as you know I'm a contrast and sharpness freak....a bit more contrast for me and this would be over the top!!!
Thanks Mark; you're seeing this through the eyes of an old dilapidated codger ...maybe the best I can do.

choronr

Quote from: Linda McCarthy on February 20, 2010, 10:27:03 PM
Wherever it is, I want to be there.  Love everything about this excellent+ render.
Thanks Linda; appreciate your visit.

pfrancke

lots to like about this that all add up to make it great.  The splash of color the balloons give, the lonely dead tree, the pine distribution, the clouds, the hot water haze, the streams in the cracked ground.  This is one of my favorites!  Well done.