.pdf documentation or other printable format?

Started by Mars Mug, February 25, 2007, 10:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars Mug

Hi all, first post.

I've seen the online documentation, looks good, but is there a .pdf version or similar that I can print, I like paper copies? A straight print of the web page which includes images also includes a lot of the superfluous stuff, and a text print doesn't include images.

Will

check MeltingIce's sig for a link to the PATHS website, its not PDF but it does not have ads or anyting on it.

oh and I forgot

for the cumminty gallery go here: http://www.meltingice.net/usergallery/index.php
for the .tgd repository go here: http://www.meltingice.net/userdownload/index.php?direction=0&order=&
and for a nice terragen site go check out here: http://www.ashundar.com/

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Here.

Some useful information.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mars Mug

Great, thanks very much, I just knew this was going to be an excellent forum ;D

rcallicotte

I've enjoyed this group's generosity and knowledge base.  Another really nice thing is the general willingness here to look into something for someone else - a great sign of potentially wonderful things to come.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MeltingIce

All of my tutorials can be viewed and printed in a printable format, just go to the tutorial you want to print, scroll to the bottom right underneath the comment entry box, and click "Print this page".  ;)

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Mars Mug

Quote from: MeltingIce on February 25, 2007, 03:41:27 PM
All of my tutorials can be viewed and printed in a printable format, just go to the tutorial you want to print, scroll to the bottom right underneath the comment entry box, and click "Print this page".  ;)

Yes that works for me thanks  :) the documents on this forum ommit the images when the print option is selected.

folder

I have adobe acrobat running on my machine when a thread is interesting I convert it to adobe and update it as the conversation continues. for example, i have the embossed show threads and others
if there is one of great interest i can convert it and send it to you or maybe we can create a repository for them. I meant to mention this earlier but have been in hospital for the past week

david

Oshyan

The final documentation (still in progress) will be provided in .pdf format, as well as online here. Updated documentation should be available in March with many of the currently incomplete areas fleshed out and expanded.

- Oshyan

Angealus

You can also download a little piece of software called cutePDF writer. This sets up on your computer as a printer and allows you to print any document to it and it saves it as a PDF.

Mandrake

Quote from: Oshyan on February 25, 2007, 04:55:31 PM
The final documentation (still in progress) will be provided in .pdf format, as well as online here. Updated documentation should be available in March with many of the currently incomplete areas fleshed out and expanded.

- Oshyan
Was that a hint hint Oshyan ;)

twistednoodle

Yep I had to do all sorts of fiddling to get the info pages here to print but with a some copying and pasting I came up with these ..... I have also put together a page of hints/tips that I have copied from some of the entries in the forum.  I update the tips and tricks as I go along and the rest is in a folder for quick reference.  You can also print out your clip files and put them in a folder too ... just open up the clip file in a notepad doc and then print.  I don't print out whole .tgd's coz they can be 20 pages!  but clip files for clouds etc I find very helpful esp when you want to compare settings.  Hope this helps you ..... ;D
I may be crazy but at least I'm not crazy!