Walli's NWDA Dry Grass

Started by FrankB, March 19, 2010, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

showcased here, but carefully mixed in with Walli's other Fresh Grasses 1 - 3 in various variants, Crocus, Astilbe and Mouse Ear, Lilac and Dry Bush.
I think it must be around 15 populations here.

Oh, and a single Walli dandelion poking its head out in the lower right ;)

Cheers,
Frank

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Kadri

Nice render Frank  :)

There is a interesting part -tree in the image. In the upper left part. The tree looks like it has a white kind of halo ?

FrankB

ah, yes, that one blossoming japanese tree from one of the xfrog libraries.

Seth

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dune

Quotethat one blossoming japanese tree

I would cut it down, Frank, it looks just like the luminosity is set far too high. Or put it somewhere downhill, not set against the sky. Apart from that it's a very realistic scene, I really like it!

---Dune

FrankB

Thanks guys :-)

I forgot to mention this is an older scene I have posted here previously. I am just re-using this scene because I wanted to try to mix the dry grasses with the fresh ones, and I remembered I had a suitable scene set up already.

Frank

MGebhart

Like this a ton. Very natural.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

Old or new, it's still bloody fantastic, Frank!

I love the foreground where you can see the earth through the grasses, very nice! :)

reck

Yes very nice although I must admit I don't like the glowing tree either.

Is the DOF terragen?

FrankB

yes the DOF is native TG2.

Regards,
Frank

reck

Quote from: FrankB on March 20, 2010, 06:23:13 PM
yes the DOF is native TG2.

I hope they manage to iron out the problems with the DOF for the next release so the rest of us can use it. I like how it works in this image.

Walli

very, very nice and I second that, DOF adds a lot to such scenes!

About the cherry - typical problem that can arise with with bright blossoms, often you have to reduce brightness of the texture to grey.

FrankB

I don't deem it problematic at all. If this was a photograph, the white petals would probably be overexposed, too, as they stand against the sun.
Actually and honestly, I find this cherry an eye catching element of the scene ;)