Distribution of TG2+XFROG Megabundle Lacking Installation Instructions

Started by PabloMack, March 30, 2010, 11:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

I just received the TG2+XFROG Megabundle.  It seems to be devoid of installation instructions.  I found no "Getting Started" leaflet which is pretty standard in most software package distribution kits.  Also apparently, the four disks are not numbered.  The order in which these disks were receieved in the case (from front to back), shows a progression in the images on the disks from "All Sky" to "Mostly Ground" which suggests the idea that someone is coming from the sky and landing on the ground.  This should help me remember the order that the disks came in.  However, you might think that an Earth-bound human might start on the ground and launch into the atmosphere with this new product (figuratively speaking of course).  However, neither the first disk nor the last has an auto-launch installer.  I also searched in the Part 1 User Guide document that I downloaded from the planetside website and there are no installation instructions in there either.  Did the shippers forget to include an installation pamphlet in my software kit?  

[...later]

I just navigated my way to the Windows Installer subdirectory and ran the installer.  It was surprizing how little time it took.  The email that I was sent containing the Software License Key had instructions for where to put the file.  It said:

simply place this file in your main Terragen folder (normally C:\Program Files\Terragen\) to unlock your copy

First of all, I am running Windows 7-64 so it was installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\

The path provided in the email does not even exist.  So after copying the key file to the directory that I do have, TG2 complains that there is no key file.  I copied the key file to the directory just above it in case it wasn't looking that deep.  I still got the same error.  I think that the software and the instructions (or the lack thereof) are not meshing with one another. 

PabloMack

Okay.  I just got an email from tech support and looks like they gave me a key for TG1 when I need one for TG2.  Hopefully, the next key will work. 

Oshyan

Sorry about the mix-up with the keyfile. We'll get a new one sent out to you ASAP.

- Oshyan