Settings?

Started by airflamesred, April 17, 2010, 01:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

airflamesred

Hi All
My simple light experiment seems to be leaking. Am I right in thinking this is a render setting problem. If so what should the settings be?- or is it something else.
Thanks in advance

domdib

Is the light source inside the cylinder? If so, in the Atmosphere Quality tab you will have to check "Enable Ray-traced Shadows" to prevent the source shining through the material. It ups render time unfortunately.

airflamesred

Doubled the render time but works. Thanks very much, I hadn't even considered that. Maybe this would be a good inclusion in the documentation.

TheBlackHole

Turn up the atmo samples to get rid of all that ugly noise. That's the most common render problem I see: low atmo samples. Any time you're using light that isn't default sunlight or if you render from space, crank up the atmosphere samples.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

airflamesred

I see BOINK! has asked a similar question so I guess this is ideal stuff for the 'docs'

Oshyan

Yes, this information will be included in an updated node reference currently being worked on.

- Oshyan

shagr14

I find it hilarious how the TG2 fans here really think Vue was not used in Avatar. Strangely I work side by side daily with one of the guys who actually DID use Vue daily on Avatar. Also Peter B from WETA used it for over 330 shots in production. Where do you folks get your information? You pull BS out of thin air and call it fact? TG2 is a very versatile program I'm not here to bash it, I use both Vue and TG2, they are both tools in my arsenal. I however give credit where its due to each. Its just like the folks who claim Maya wasn't used at all because of what they read Powers said. Interesting enough hwo the media can misinterpret stuff as well. Care to explain why the compositors using Nuke grabbed assets for the hero mountains from Maya, or how the painting Peter B. did using Vue were the backdrops on cards for the floating mountains?  One thing I can say about the Eon site, you don't see much tg bashing there but damn you freaks here think tg2 is the only option. Vue is versatile as well, depends on the user, either you know the program or you don't. Vue isn't very forgiving, either your lazy and expect 2 buttons for greatness, or you learn the packages including TG and rise above the fanbois of either product.

N810

Seriously shagr14 no one was even talking about Vue in this topic.  ???
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

Kadri

April 03, 2012, 10:18:32 am #8 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:48:36 am by Kadri
Quote from: shagr14 on April 03, 2012, 09:39:49 am
I find it hilarious how the TG2 fans here really think Vue was not used in Avatar. Strangely I work side by side daily with one of the guys who actually DID use Vue daily on Avatar. Also Peter B from WETA used it for over 330 shots in production. Where do you folks get your information? You pull BS out of thin air and call it fact? TG2 is a very versatile program I'm not here to bash it, I use both Vue and TG2, they are both tools in my arsenal. I however give credit where its due to each. Its just like the folks who claim Maya wasn't used at all because of what they read Powers said. Interesting enough hwo the media can misinterpret stuff as well. Care to explain why the compositors using Nuke grabbed assets for the hero mountains from Maya, or how the painting Peter B. did using Vue were the backdrops on cards for the floating mountains?  One thing I can say about the Eon site, you don't see much tg bashing there but damn you freaks here think tg2 is the only option. Vue is versatile as well, depends on the user, either you know the program or you don't. Vue isn't very forgiving, either your lazy and expect 2 buttons for greatness, or you learn the packages including TG and rise above the fanbois of either product.


Show the thread please we said those things . It is definitely not this one , shagr14 .
With your tone i would not much eager to say that Vue has some better features even if it had  .
Did some one step on your foot ? This forum is one of the less biased ones.
Of course you will hear more good things about TG 2  it would be stupid to think the opposite.
This is the TG 2 forum so what do you expect?

Are you a troll ?
A pissed off old user?
Genterra ?
Vue marketer ?
Why are am writing here?

What....?

OK!  By    :)

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

masonspappy

Wow, that just kinda came out of nowhere. Sort of like my ex-wife.....
:D

TheBadger

I think he just wanted to take a piss, and picked the first thread he found. lol
It has been eaten.

Kadri

April 03, 2012, 09:09:54 pm #12 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:15:30 pm by Kadri
Quote from: masonspappy on April 03, 2012, 08:33:22 pm
Wow, that just kinda came out of nowhere. Sort of like my ex-wife.....
:D


Quote from: TheBadger on April 03, 2012, 08:36:03 pm
I think he just wanted to take a piss, and picked the first thread he found. lol


LOL

Edit : It is an old thread could be a spammer too guys.