Arid Zone

Started by choronr, April 21, 2010, 10:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

A flattened terrain depicting an 'Arid Zone'. The following includes:

•   Seth's Dust, Sand and Rocks file available at NWDA.
•   dandelO's 1 and 10M cracks available at NWDA and the Planetside forum.
•   Two populations of Grasses by Walli available at NWDA.
•   One population of Mouse-eared Chickweed by Walli available at NWDA.
•   One population of the DNW flower by Walli available at the Planetside forum.

Thanks to all of the above; and, to Dave Walker (folder) for the helpful information regarding the combining of Seth's file with dandelO's file. 

MGebhart

Marc Gebhart

Mor

This looks very nice.

Henry Blewer

The cracks look a little deep, maybe. Other than that, really nice!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

folder

as i said in my comments to you before - this is really good and is now my new desktop picture - replacing my version

david

Dune

Very nice, but forgive me my crits; I would delete the fake stones. They don't really fit, I think. And you can add more realism to the dead branchy bush by adding a color fractal (to get some more variation in color). Either in the color input or below the default (with one color).

An interesting thing would be to add a flat lake a couple of centimeters beneath ground level, as if some stagnant water is still there. But it wouldn't be true to its name anymore.

---Dune

domdib

Arid indeed - nice work!

Seth

ra

Damn this is cool! Great render all over!
Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

dandelO

Very cool, Bob! The surface seems a little fuzzy, maybe more AA or not so tall stones/dust. And I agree about the stones, the colour is off putting but otherwise I really like it. Nice! Glad to see you get some use out of m'cracks! :)

choronr

Thanks to all for your visit and inputs. A picture is never done; and suggestions like these will make the next one better.

kasalin

Fantastic work, Bob.... great work