Close Shot

Started by MGebhart, April 24, 2010, 06:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

I wanted to do the Ant thing again but, with a little more thought.

No post work.

Thanks to Bob and Walli.

I kinda wish there was a higher limit than 512k. This is a jpg with quality 7 from Photoshop. Got me just under the limit to post.
Marc Gebhart

Eikers

This is just ... Antastic!  :)

Kadri

Looks great , Marc :D
Did you tried a little translucency or transparency kind effect on the ants , but just a very little ?
Just curious how it would look.

MGebhart

Kadri,

Yes, I used translucency set to 1 and used the texture image. I think it would make a difference if the light were behind the ants. I think I'll do a test.

I believe if Terragen had a sub surface scatter shader, that would do the trick.

Thanks
Marc Gebhart

Kadri

"I believe if Terragen had a sub surface scatter shader, that would do the trick."

Yes , Marc . It would be nice really  :)

Dune

Hannes

Tangled-Universe

Very Nice Marc :)
The ant model looks good!
I like the scene you've put them in, though I think the ants are way too big, but probably you want to show them off nicely :)

Cheers,
Martin

Henry Blewer

Very impressive work.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Walli

yes, also think those ants are a bit to big, but hey - they are nice and its good to see some living stuff - well done!

MGebhart

Thank you everyone.

These are the Red Giant North American Picnic Ants. It takes only three of the to haul off a bowl of potato salad.

As soon as I finish my current render I will scale them down and render it again.
Marc Gebhart

Henry Blewer

Quote from: MGebhart on April 25, 2010, 02:26:49 PM

These are the Red Giant North American Picnic Ants. It takes only three of the to haul off a bowl of potato salad.

LOL :D
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Oshyan

Big ants indeed. But let's not lose their importance in the scene when they're scaled down. Just move your camera down even further, and then give us some nice DoF! ;D

- Oshyan

Walli

Quote from: MGebhart on April 25, 2010, 02:26:49 PMThese are the Red Giant North American Picnic Ants. It takes only three of the to haul off a bowl of potato salad.

I would say it takes some more, as I can assure you that I won´t let them take away my potato salad - so they would have to carry me too ;-)

mhaze

Have you ever been attacked by ants - I have and I'd give my bowl away as fast as I could!!!