What means "parse error at line 1792:not well formed (invalid token)

Started by bronco, May 01, 2010, 03:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bronco

Hi, I am working on a file together with a friend. Allways when I have add all objects, textures and populations and save the files. And than will open it again I receive this error and all connections in the ui are lost and I have no terrain, the scene is complete damaged.
I am near desperation.
Has anybody an idea what I can do?
bronco

domdib

If you have a text editor with line numbering, you can open the .tgd file and go to line 1792 to diagnose the problem. Or post it here, I can take a look.

leafspring

Terragen 2 has problems with special characters in names of files/objects/shaders. Opening a file that contains a special character somewhere results in the error you received. You should probably check for this and remove/fix them the way domdib suggested. Most text editors have a quick replace function so you can be sure you don't miss any occurrences of the malnamed element if there is more than one.
Lang lang er vejen for Aslaug
Længe venter lykken på Kraka

choronr

I once had this problem a long time ago. I believe it was an issue related to how my program and folders were set up. Domdib's idea of having a look at your file is good - I would try it.

Kadri

Quote from: Rimmon on May 01, 2010, 04:31:57 PM
Terragen 2 has problems with special characters in names of files/objects/shaders. Opening a file that contains a special character somewhere results in the error you received. You should probably check for this and remove/fix them the way domdib suggested. Most text editors have a quick replace function so you can be sure you don't miss any occurrences of the malnamed element if there is more than one.

If it is not fixed , so far i remember TG2 doesn't like spaces in  Folder Names too .

Oshyan

If you're using a non-English version of your operating system, it's quite possible that you have "special" characters in some of your data paths. Or your name, for your user profile folder, may have e.g. an accent character. TG2 doesn't currently support these kinds of characters in paths, so if you're referencing objects with full paths, this will be a problem. One way around it is to use relative paths and keep your objects in subdirectories of the folder you're keeping your TG2 files in. Another option is to put your objects and textures in a folder that is a subdirectory of your root drive, e.g. C:\objects\. Also avoid spaces, particularly in texture names.

Better support for a wider range of characters in names will be available in the future.

- Oshyan

bronco

Thank you all for your helpful comments, I will go and reorganize my folders under TG2 and will see if the problem is still there.
Thank you again!
bronco