terragen

terragen
7 (58.3%)
terragen
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 05, 2010, 03:20:13 PM

Thorax

Kan je terragen gebruiken voor een landschap te maken voor in een game?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Thorax on May 04, 2010, 01:59:46 PM
Kan je terragen gebruiken voor een landschap te maken voor in een game?

Je kan het landschap exporteren als een heigthfield of mesh en deze gebruiken in je 3D-softwarepakket.
Let wel dat je de procedural textures e.d. niet direct kunt exporteren, maar er zijn wel enkele trucs voor.
Als je wat hulp nodig hebt hierbij laat me het dan maar even weten.

gr Martin

Quote from: Thorax on May 04, 2010, 01:59:46 PM
Can you use Terragen to produce a landscape for using in a game?

You can export the terrain either as a heightfield or mesh and use this in your 3D-package.
Be aware that the procedural textures can't be exported directly, though there are some ways of doing it.
If you need any help, just let me know.

Martin

Seth

thanks for the translation Martin ! I thought it was a kind of spam ^^

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Seth on May 04, 2010, 02:21:56 PM
thanks for the translation Martin ! I thought it was a kind of spam ^^

Dutch jibberish dude ;D

Seth

leafspring

Now that's an interesting poll.  ;D
I voted for terragen.
Lang lang er vejen for Aslaug
Længe venter lykken på Kraka

bla bla 2

Interressant je veux savoir !

Interresting I want to know!

bla bla 2.

airflamesred

Well I can't decide which way to vote!

airflamesred

[/quote]

You can export the terrain either as a heightfield or mesh and use this in your 3D-package.
Be aware that the procedural textures can't be exported directly, though there are some ways of doing it.
If you need any help, just let me know.

Martin
[/quote]

So I can or can't export a power fractal terrain? That would make things interesting

dandelO

Hmmm, I cast the first vote but now my Terragen is losing. I'm not sure what to do about this. Should I change my preference or just wait and hope for the best? :D

Airflamesred: You can export portions of a power fractal terrain by feeding it into a heightfield generate node and exporting the resulting .ter. A transform shader will move the fractal around so you can place the portion you want within the boundaries of the heightfield generate node.

Also, read the next post! :D

Tangled-Universe

Yes you can.

Make a powerfractal terrain.
Create a heightfieldshader + heightfield generate operator (green node)
The heightfield generate node has a shader input to the right, connect the powerfractal terrain into this input.
(This means that the heightfieldshader + generate are supposed to be at the end of the network which creates the terrain.
Using the handles/translate functions of the heightfieldshader you can position the heightfield.
In the heightfield generate you can enter the size and resolution of the terrain (top parameters for resolution and below is for size)
Once this is set up hit generate and wait until TG2 has generated a heightfield of your powerfractal based terrain.
When finished "right click" on the heightfield generate node and choose "save as"...now a window appears to save the .ter file.
Done!

Martin

airflamesred

Seed 17468 has caught my eye. I shall follow the instuctions eagerly. Thanks

On the subject in hand - could we end up with a hung application!?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: airflamesred on May 04, 2010, 06:51:45 PM
Seed 17468 has caught my eye. I shall follow the instuctions eagerly. Thanks

ehhhrr....??

Quote from: airflamesred on May 04, 2010, 06:51:45 PM
On the subject in hand - could we end up with a hung application!?

Yes, if you have a very large area and very high resolution you might make TG2 hang.
First test the principle with a relatively small terrain and resolution and asses the result.
From then on start things cranking up.

airflamesred

Tangled- Universe
Sorry I should have made it clearer. On Thursday we (Britain) are having an election and there is talk of a hung Parliament. I was refering to the Bizzare vote at the start of this thread

Zairyn Arsyn

i should have voted terragen. - oh wait...
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/