My First Terragen 2 Render

Started by schnzrs, May 05, 2010, 09:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schnzrs

Hello everybody...
I am fairly new to Terragen, I started using it a while ago but never really used it much. I would just mess around with it. Here is really my first 'good' render. This is the first thing I have spent time working on.

Please be nice... I am very new to this stuff  :-[

TheBlackHole

Saturn looks GREAT. It looks like it's Photoshopped in, because the lighting on the planet doesn't match the lighting from the sun. Titan's atmosphere should be more cloudy and dense. Think Venus, but orange, and darker.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

schnzrs

That saturn was a 3ds max model I made a few months back. I was too lazy to import into terragen, so I decided to just render it and merge the Terragen and 3ds render together.

TheBlackHole

Have you tried creating a second planet and texturing it with a map of Saturn, then making a model of the rings in 3DS (I use Anim8or, it's freeware) and putting the ring model around the planet model? Or you could just light the 3DS Max planet from behind and a little left and then Photoshop it in.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

schnzrs

Quote from: TheBlackHole on May 05, 2010, 10:54:55 PM
Have you tried creating a second planet and texturing it with a map of Saturn, then making a model of the rings in 3DS (I use Anim8or, it's freeware) and putting the ring model around the planet model? Or you could just light the 3DS Max planet from behind and a little left and then Photoshop it in.
Yeah, I'll try that. I am still new to all this stuff, but I will test that out tomorrow.

gregsandor

Quote from: schnzrs on May 05, 2010, 09:45:05 PM
Please be nice... I am very new to this stuff  :-[

If you want a "nice" critique, show it to your mom.  :)  That said, it does look cool.  Welcome. 

Try it with some fog in front of that planet:  it looks like the atmosphere is very hazy where the sun is, then you have a very crisp Saturn with no haze.

Zairyn Arsyn

looking at it the second time, i find the ground surface looks good, & i agree with TBH, the lighting doesn't match, and the atmosphere could more dense and cloudy like.

keep going
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/