What do you think of UFO

Started by piggy, May 11, 2010, 03:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piggy

A friend showed me some pictures weeks ago, later NASA clarrified that those are "artifacts of compression errors".

Then I happened to the following site about 3 minutes ago. I haven't finished reading all the content there yet but it looks like NASA may be not telling the whole story:

http://gazbom.blogspot.com/2010/01/nasa-images-earth-sized-spherical.html

* I am not totally convinced of the existence of UFOs but then if they were true it won't be the first time I have erred.

Seth

UFO are real, the only discussed thing about them is their origin. human, natural, non human intelligence...

Kadri

I love science fiction ! I write and draw mostly in this genre , but i do not think that there is a real scientific evidence for UFO's yet .

inkydigit

I prefer UAP...unknown aerial phenomenon ....even recently I have seen some odd things in the sky, no idea what they were, even through binoculars, they then disappeared??

PabloMack

Quote from: inkydigit on May 11, 2010, 07:46:14 AM
I prefer UAP...unknown aerial phenomenon...

Right.  If you see a flying object and you can't identify it, by definition it is a UFO.  To me, most Empidonax flycatchers are UFOs while in flight because these species are very difficult to tell apart.  For example, Willow and Alder Flycatchers can only be distinguished by voice. ;D

Quote from: Kadri on May 11, 2010, 06:48:39 AM
I love science fiction ! I write and draw mostly in this genre , but i do not think that there is a real scientific evidence for UFO's yet .

A lot of what is called "science fiction" should be called "science fantasy".  I put "Star Wars" and Avatar mostly in the second category.  I write and design for Science Fiction but I leave Science Fantasy up to others.  Still, I enjoy both.  But if it is not very believable, it is not very enjoyable.  It is difficult to fear for the hero's life when you are aware that the rules of the world of make-believe don't follow any laws other than those of the authors and artists who depict it.  

sjefen

Quote from: Kadri on May 11, 2010, 06:48:39 AM.... but i do not think that there is a real scientific evidence for UFO's yet .

I'm with you here.
Still waiting for that day.

Regards,
Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Seth

???

you mean that there is no evidence of aliens or extra-terrestrial or wwhatever you want to call it but, errr... there are more than need evidences of UFO ! from videos, to military or airline pilots' testimony pilotes... we just don't know what they are :)

Walli

Quote from: Seth on May 12, 2010, 02:10:20 AM
we just don't know what they are :)

exactly, thats the point. A while ago thunder was a phenomenon and because people did not understand and could not reach they said its gods rumbling around or whatever.
And if now something happens, people say its aliens. It is hard for people to say: "thats something that I can not explain at the moment", they usually prefer even the strangest theories, as long as they have an answer/explanation.
Also for most people UFO=alien and not UFO=unidentified flying object.

latego

W.r.t to LGMs (little green men): if they have the technology to come here, they are more than enough capable of either:
1) hiding perfectly (so no sightins) or...
2) crush us without the least difficulty (so no need of playing hide and seek)...
...so forget about LGMs.

I think the 99% of the times it is hoaxes/misinterpretation of natural phenomena/too much of substances like alcohol or meths. In the remaining 1% of the cases, black military projects, often performed in the total ignorance of the political leadership.

Bye!!!