How to add several textures to one model?

Started by X_Joshi_X, February 09, 2016, 10:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X_Joshi_X

Hey guys!

I'm having trouble texturing some tree models. I downloaded them as .obj and they came with 2 textures, one for the branches and one for the trunk. Now I do have some experience using nodes in other software but Terragen seems to make it overly complicated. I just can't figure out how to add these 2 textures to one single model.

Any ideas?

masonspappy

referencing below image, add your tree object, and then expand the parts shader in the upper pane until you see  the parameters box appear in the lower pane. Click on 'color image' folder icon to point to your graphic. As you can see from the image, there should be multiple shaders for each (tree) object.   Then render the image to see your tree and associated textures.

X_Joshi_X

Quote from: masonspappy on February 09, 2016, 10:33:33 AM
referencing below image, add your tree object, and then expand the parts shader in the upper pane until you see  the parameters box appear in the lower pane. Click on 'color image' folder icon to point to your graphic. As you can see from the image, there should be multiple shaders for each (tree) object.   Then render the image to see your tree and associated textures.

Thanks for the help man! I already did that actually and there were no part shaders in there... soooo, loaded that stuff into blender and realized that somebody packed 2 different models (trunk and branches seperated) into one .obj. So I merged them, assigned standart materials and now I got it working in Terragen.

But thanks!!

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist