Help with jagged ground.

Started by GFB, May 17, 2010, 07:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GFB

I have been following a tutorial to the letter, but despite that I am still getting a rough, polygon type ground while the one in the tutorial is smooth. How should I go about fixing this. Also I only have had this program for two days so go easy on me. :D I posted a screen shot of what I have and what I desire too. Thanks for helping.

TheBlackHole

Turn off Ray Trace Everything. You only need Ray Trace Objects. If you took a screen shot from the 3D Preview, render it. If it's a render, saved with the [Save] button in the Render Window, turn off Ray Trace Everything.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

GFB

Quote from: TheBlackHole on May 17, 2010, 07:49:38 PM
Turn off Ray Trace Everything. You only need Ray Trace Objects. If you took a screen shot from the 3D Preview, render it. If it's a render, saved with the [Save] button in the Render Window, turn off Ray Trace Everything.
How do I turn off Ray Tracing?

shadowphile

hah, a question I can answer with confidence!

select whatever your Render is (where the size and such are set), go to the Extra tab.  Bottom checkbox, uncheck.

good luck

TheBlackHole

Click the Renderers button. It's like the Terrain and Shaders buttons. Click the "Full Render" entry and go to Extra. Is it (Ray Trace Everything) unchecked?
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

GFB

Yes, Ray Trace everything is unchecked. It isn't just the final render.

TheBlackHole

Is this a screenshot of the 3D preview? If it is, render it with the same settings you'll use for the full render. Hope it helps.

Oshyan

Detail in the Renderer may also be low. Make sure it's at least 0.5.

- Oshyan

GFB

Quote from: Oshyan on May 18, 2010, 02:14:34 AM
Detail in the Renderer may also be low. Make sure it's at least 0.5.

- Oshyan
Were would I find this option.

domdib

GFB

Couldn't find anything in that link.

Oshyan

Go to the Renderers layout (button at the top of the UI). Click the name of the renderer node you are using in the list on the left. There is a Detail slider in the Quality tab below. It should be at least 0.5.

- Oshyan

GFB

Changing the detail setting did not fix it.

domdib

Post the TGD file so someone can have a look.

Kevin F

Quote from: GFB on May 18, 2010, 09:09:04 PM
Couldn't find anything in that link.

Well you didn't try hard enough did you?
I've just used that link and found the information in about 40 seconds!