Fantasy

Started by Hannes, June 10, 2015, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Like always I started this without knowing what this would be in the end. Initially the working title was "Lake".
The only thing that's not in the image is a lake.

kaedorg

Let's say that if rocks can levitate, lake has evaporated.

Beautiful one

David

mhaze

Excellent work. The rocks are outstanding.

archonforest

Stunning work! Like it a lot.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

I like it Hannes.
Quote from: Hannes on June 10, 2015, 03:28:24 AM
...Like always I started this without knowing what this would be in the end. Initially the working title was "Lake".
The only thing that's not in the image is a lake.
I do this all the time. The bad thing is when i search for old projects i find a Galaxy image for example in a folder named Waterfall :)

Hannes

;D ;D ;D

Just found out that the rocks aren't the only floating things in the image. Some trees do as well. Dammit! Have to do some crop renders and some testing of the castle with slightly increased displacement. The walls look a bit too smooth imho.
Why didn't I look closer before? >:(

Kadri

Bah, postwork it if you don't animate it!
The rock structures on the floating...rock are very nice by the way.

Hannes

I'll do as much as possible that can be done without postwork, but of course Photoshop always helps  ;)

The rocks are imported objects I've created (and already used) years ago, before it was possible to really displace objects and to populate on them in TG. So even the plants are imported. I used image maps for the coloring and the bump.

Kadri

What do you use for modeling Hannes?

Hannes

Hannes

Update.
As I wrote I did some crop renders using a GI cache file to make the adjustments, because the whole image took almost 9 hours to render.

j meyer

Nice one! Castle is much better now.
The roots are cool.

Dune

Good show, Hannes. Great work! I love it, also because this has the medieval touch. Only thing I thought; why are the buildings stoneworks so dark, while the rocks are very light? I know smoke gets into the pores and arkens cities, but I think a little lighter and patchy darkness suits this castle area.
On the left there's room for a waterfall, just paint in on ground and add a white PF.
But, I love it!

Clay