Terragen 2 compatible with Windows 7 Ultimate?

Started by burtward, June 14, 2010, 08:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burtward

Hi:

I am thinking of upgrading my 64 bit Windows XP PC to Windows 7 Ultimate, and I would like to know if Terragen 2 will work properly with Windows 7 Ultimate and be able to take advantage of some of Ultimate's features.

If you would please, let me know of Terragen 2's compatibility and if there are any issues.

Thanks

Burt

neuspadrin

I run 7 enterprise 64bit (exact same features as ultimate, just a different pricing scheme.  Its what my school offers me in place of ultimate.), and terragen 2 runs beautifully.  Only issue I ever had in windows 7 was when I was running the beta windows 7, and the drivers hadn't stabilized which caused a few artifacts in terragen -- but those were my beta graphics drivers fault not terragen ;).

But ever since that flawless.

Henry Blewer

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a Dell E510 Pentium 4 HT 3gHz. Runs perfect.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

antti

I am running Terragen 2 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. No problems.

Oshyan

TG2 can run fine on Win7, both 32 and 64 bit, as others have noted. I don't know what features you might be hoping it would take advantage of in Ultimate, but I think the answer on that would be no, as we don't make any particular effort to take advantage of specific Ultimate features. A 64 bit version of Windows will give TG2 extra memory to work with though, which can be helpful in demanding scenes.

- Oshyan