How obtain the best realistic rendering?

Started by mediaaetas, June 19, 2010, 09:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediaaetas

Hi to everybody,
this is my first post here.  ;)

I am using Terragen2 just since yesterday and I am enquiring as to whether how obtain a full high resolution from a rendering.

I tried to render with the maximum quality (a part Antialias that I can set just on 3) but the result is a low definition.

I saw pics and video where it is difficult understand whether the aerial view is real or not.

My ultimate aim is understand what I have to set for obtaining a very high definition sequence (for a film for example).

I thought that for a kind of rendering like that maybe I need to use VRay or Rinos.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot!

dandelO

You might try disabling the 'pixel noise threshold' in the 'customize AA sampling' settings panel.
Set the noise threshold to '0' to make the very most of your antialiasing, this smooths it out even more than the default setting. This will increase your render time.
Higher 'Pixel noise threshold' values are a good way to optimize for speed by removing AA detail. Disabled('0') is the highest quality available for any given AA value.

FrankB

@mediaaetas: I must say I have read your post multiple times now and I am still not clear what you actually would like to know. It would be good if you could be more precise, and re-phrase your question.

For example, I assume you are using the free version of terragen 2, because you seem to say that you cannot push antialiasing beyond three - at least that's what I hear you say.
AA3 won't give you smooth result, but with the free version you can't go beyond that.
Secondly, how do you define low versus high definition? You probably need to know that again the free version is limited to an image width of 800 pixel.

To render at higher resolution, neither vray or rinos or anyting else is getting you there. You need the Terragen 2 renderer to do the job for you, and you need the "Deep" version of TG2 do render at high definition and quality.

All that being said, I'm just interpreting what I read, not being clear if I am just not understanding you correctly.

Regards,
Frank