command line rendering, setting framerange?

Started by ton, December 28, 2006, 04:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ton

The textfile says this currently can't be done, do I have to create a batch file with a command for each frame?
Or is there another way?

edit: the reason for this question is that my rendermanager wants a start and end frame..  (so it can split the job into packages...)

Thanks, Ton

Oshyan

Currently commandline support is broken in the Technology Preview. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

I would think a frame manager ought to have the capability to call a commandline app and specify a new frame number each time. The way TG 0.9 worked with commandline rendering was you would call it, specifying a world file, terrain and script file, and then specify a frame number. The "exit" switch would be on so it would exit the app after rendering the single frame. I do believe you could also do frame ranges actually, but still I would think a decent frame manager ought to be able to handle this just by iterating its own commandline string, rather than depending on the app for frame range handling. This makes it far more flexible since it can even animate with apps that don't explicitly allow it.

- Oshyan

ton

Quote from: JavaJones on December 31, 2006, 05:40:12 PM
Currently commandline support is broken in the Technology Preview. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Ah.. broken.. that explains a lot!!

thanks & looking foward to that patch :-)