NEW Error for me :(

Started by dhavalmistry, March 18, 2007, 10:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I keep getting this error...its very annoying

I am getting this error after I added rock population in my scene
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Buzzzzz

Sorry no help here, never seen this one. Looks like a Question for one of the Planetside Team Members.

Will

You might have better luck if you post this in the Support Section.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Dark Fire

While these errors are annoying, they do provide an interesting insight into how T2TP works and how complex it is...

Oshyan

I haven't seen that particular error myself yet, but any of the allocation errors generally indicate a memory problem. How much system memory do you have? Does it give you this error consistently, even with a fresh new scene or after a reboot? Is it only with the rock object population?

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Oshyan on March 19, 2007, 02:10:31 AM
I haven't seen that particular error myself yet, but any of the allocation errors generally indicate a memory problem. How much system memory do you have? Does it give you this error consistently, even with a fresh new scene or after a reboot? Is it only with the rock object population?

- Oshyan

I have 2GB of system memory

I am only getting this error for one scene, only with rock population

Oshyan

How many other elements are in the scene in question? What does the Task Manager indicate for TG2's memory use?

- Oshyan

bigben

One thing I've found with the new version's improved stability is that I actually get error messages now for crashes, whereas this was rare for me with the previous version... so there are "new" errors appearing  ;)

I'd check the RAM usage as Oshyan  suggested. I have had crashes with large populations (number of objects, not size) simply because I ran out of RAM.   Watching the task manager, TG crashes for me around 1.25 - 1.3Gb of RAM (I also have 2GB).

Masking the populations to remove many of the objects out of frame may help if it is (not to mention *greatly* speeding up the render).

Oshyan

Display of error messages was added for this update release, so you should indeed now see messages where before it would just disappear.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Oshyan on March 19, 2007, 02:30:54 AM
How many other elements are in the scene in question? What does the Task Manager indicate for TG2's memory use?

- Oshyan

I have 3 different populations in my scene 1 grass and 2 rocks (small and big rocks) it works fine if I disable big rocks population as soon as I enable it again and start rendering....I get this error...I can send you the file if you want

Oshyan

Please do post the .tgd or send to support@planetside.co.uk.

Thanks,

Oshyan