Images in Multishader Still Map wrong

Started by rcallicotte, March 16, 2007, 08:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Imported objects are mapping wrong inside of the multishader.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

I've had that too when trying to import the startrek model....

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

rcallicotte

In my example I have a root '\' where there shouldn't be one.  Once that's gone, it works fine.  When I looked at my MTL file, it was mapped this wrong way too and, once changed, it imported fine.  That must be the issue.

king_tiger_666

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

rcallicotte

Wordpad seems better than Notepad (formatting issues), but I usually use Textpad which takes any format.

Oshyan

Calico, does it look like this is indeed an error in the OBJ reader, or more of an issue in the mtl and/or model itself?

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Oshyan, the extra '/' in the name of the texture in the MTL seems to be a by-product of the way DAZ|Studio exports their maps.  Then, and this could hardly be seen as TG2's fault, when the imported object is converted to TGO the MTL keeps the same errant mapping.  It's a simple fix for me, but I believe it is the exporter's fault (DAZ Studio in this case).

If this isn't enough info, let me know.

Oshyan

That is helpful to know as something to handle for compatibility. It would be most interesting to know if other exporters behave similarly. As I think has been said before the OBJ format is fairly broad and diverse, despite being a "standard" in some sense. So the more examples of different OBJ formatting we have, the better we can handle imports from a broader range of applications.

- Oshyan