Mojoliths 3.0

Started by RichTwo, October 04, 2010, 12:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Here is my latest incarnation of the Mojoliths clip.  Some serious tweaking went on, the most notable is was to put a reverse displacement onto the standing structures positive displacement to give them a more disrupted look.  That and I scaled down all of the surface features - and added a couple more.

Of course, if you believe the world is flat and made only for planting trees, this file won't be of any benefit... ;)

Hope you enjoy!
They're all wasted!

Henry Blewer

Great looking rock piles. This will be fun to look at and see how you managed this.
Actually my world has a clipping region somewhere in the distance. Try as I might, I can never reach the border. Does this mean I live in an expanding Universe?
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

RichTwo

;D Ha, ha - Expanding universe?  Maybe so.  My world is stuck in a space time continuum.  Wherever I roam, the Sun and Moon remain in the same spot in the sky.
They're all wasted!

jbest

That's great obvious use of functions, will check this out!
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

AndyWelder

But, but, but I wasn't done exploring the first clip yet!?
And now there's a whole new time loop with an expanding universe? Wonder what Albert would say...

Never mind, thank you nevertheless, Rich.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Volker Harun

They look awesome ... I hope to have some time soon to explore your Clip ... thx for sharing :)

microwar

Thanx for sharing.
Put this on a sphere and animated the radius from 30 up to 35000, while moving the camera away from the ball at the same speed.
This realy shows the "limits" of terragen. ;D
This will create a cool effect with the mojoliths "jumping" out from the surface.
When the sphere gets bigger, it reminds me of the sun and the "boiling" look it has.

Need to find a way to make the same effect without effecting the radius. (and make it glow,give light and all that)

1.Image is with the radius set to 1 (with a reflection shader)
2.Is around 40
and last is 4100

Last thing. Found this bird looking mojo.

Added:
Animated the thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDeNycG23w

RichTwo

Got to admit - I never would have thought of something like that, though I see how it is possible.  You must have put a ton of work into creating the animation morph and it's super cool!  A sun-like globe?  Interesting, but it looks somewhat organic to me  - so how about if those liths started spitting out more of the same kind of spheres and they did the same, populating the galaxy with those wonderful life-things...  Originally created by Rich2... YES! YES! Bwah-ha-ha-haaaH!!!

Oops - got carried away for a moment - but that was interesting - !
They're all wasted!

inkydigit

great little movie...ITS ALIVE!
reminded me of Plasticine stop frame anim...really nice work...agree with Rich about univesal domination lol!!!

Kadri

The animation is really interesting  :)