What Happened Here

Started by bobbystahr, December 18, 2010, 03:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

O K...I'm working away and on version0001 of this particular image and in the course of making a Paint Shader mask my hand jerked the cursor off the screen and TG2 went away...no warning.
When I went into my Projects it was there but TG2 refused to load it and crashed TG2 so I went back to the original, [version0000] which wasn't part of the ver.0001 crash and the same thing happened. All other projects open fine. I am attaching version 0001...there are objects you may not have as well as images as I can't open it to get rid of them. I've rebuilt the scene as well as I can as I managed to open the file in Notepad...guess I could have edited the images and objects out then but was more concerned about getting the project .ter and view back. I suspect it has something to do with the Paint Shaders [there are a bunch] because when I edited them out I was at least able to open the scene.
.tgd too big even zipped...if anyone want's to see it I'll put it at my rendo locker and post a link here.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Sometimes when you use a whole lot of Painted Shaders with lots of strokes, it can cause an issue like this. Unfortunately the only solution currently is to go in and edit the TGD and remove the Painted Shader stroke data. We're looking into the cause of this, of course. In the meantime if you have a *lot* of stroke-type masking to do, it's better to do it with imported image masks. The Painted Shader is still quite useful for smaller, quick internal paint-type control.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

I suspected as much Oshyan...I was making displacements with the Paint Shaders and in order to texture them properly I found I had to make secondary PS's for all the displaced areas to completely cover them as the Displace PS's would only reach so far down the displaced area. It works better if I displace in the terrain editor with a Displace Shader there rather than on a Surface or Displace shader in the Shader editor. So far at least. I have worked around the untextured area by using a grass pop painted around the rocks....see attached image..a WIP.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on December 18, 2010, 03:51:46 PM
In the meantime if you have a *lot* of stroke-type masking to do, it's better to do it with imported image masks.

- Oshyan

as an early adopter of image masking I agree and a lot more accurate but involves hours out of TG2 and I'm so easily distracted in photoshop sometimes that's the end of my day...LOL.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Hehe. Well the image is looking good so far at least. ;D

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Thanks man...a bit too orderly but it's an exploration in any case..it'll get better.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New