Water for Planets

Started by Selzier, December 17, 2010, 03:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selzier

I am having trouble making water for planets! It seems like the water shader I create covers the entire planet and when it renders the planet is very dark with white (reflection) spots on land. I am just trying to make a simple earth-like planet with blue water however the water is always very dark. I have played with the water shader colors to no avail!

Some good looking water on a planet I found was Ancient Planet Romulus by nethskie but even on his I notice the water is very dark BUT looks much closer to the effect I am trying for:

Any help is appreciated!

TheBlackHole

Get rid of the water shader on your planet. Make a sphere with the same radius as your planet and at the same location. Apply a new water shader to the sphere.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Selzier

TheBlackHole

Also, if a realistic planet is what you're going for, exaggerated displacements like in your latest image are exactly what not to use.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?