End of Days

Started by dandelO, November 28, 2010, 08:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Cool. Nicked this to post on FB, cheers!

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: njeneb on November 28, 2010, 09:59:44 AM
Welcome to the next Ice Age. We'll be having that here soon enough.  :-\

Yeahhh. Everything over the parallel 45 (north or south) will be under a 1 Km thick ice cap!!!!!!! ;D

your nice future:

dandelO

We're there already, makes no odds! Come, join us! Just bring a coat and a whisky! :D

freelancah

Haha I havent noticed much change. But then again I live near the arctic circle anyway ;P Some strange news reporters from UK came and wondered about how our airports still function, lol.

dandelO

A few inches of snow and our entire country goes into a panic. More so in England. I saw jumbo jets taking off at Edinburgh airport in blizzard conditions last week. Heathrow airport, however, apparently closed over a pitiful 1cm depth! :D

freelancah

Yeah. I think this was the article that was the result of that trip: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12042213 hehe
Usually there's so much snow being plowed from the streets that the melting is still happening in summer :P

Dune

I like the chaos that's accompanying this great Ice Age. Does that make be bad? I'm lucky, I don't have to go anywhere, but I pity those who have to wait endlessly at airports (of all places). We used to live in Scotland in '85 for a year (studying Mountain Hares, and tasting 'wee drappies'), with lots of snow, but for Holland this is rare, but very enjoyable. Makes nice images from a warm interior into the garden...

Seth

what Ice Age ?!
2 years ago, everybody was yelling about global warming !!!

Global Bullshit may be the right term in fact...
or "How can we point a problem we can't solve, so you people won't bother about problems we can solve ?"

It just looks like that we are finishing the world oil tank and that our leaders need to show us a new way of consumption. A "green" one, with brand new taxes and all !

I say burn the tank, continue to pollute and wipe the humanity off this nice blue planet. Mother Earth will be more than cheerfull to see us disappear... or it doesn't even care as we are nothing on this planet and even less in this universe.

Happy New Year guys ^^

dandelO

Agree! We're nothing but akin to a bacteria crawling about the surface of the globe.

Global warming? Bullshit, indeed!
Simply; Climate change. It's been happening since time immemorial. And it will continue to, for time inconceivable.

Happy New Year! :D

Zairyn Arsyn

AAAHHHIIIGGGHHHHHH!!!!  :D
Quote from: dandelO on December 27, 2010, 07:38:47 PM
A few inches of snow and our entire country goes into a panic. More so in England. I saw jumbo jets taking off at Edinburgh airport in blizzard conditions last week. Heathrow airport, however, apparently closed over a pitiful 1cm depth! :D
Quote from: dandelO on December 27, 2010, 07:38:47 PM
just after Christmas day we actually had some snow flurries around Tallahassee.  ;) :)
for most Florida born residents be awesome.

snow is very, very, rare where i live, the last time it snowed was in like 1991 i think, and when it happened i was out of town at the time.

personally i like my winters to stay cold, not chill down and warm up over and over again, i went hiking this afternoon and was sweating by the time i got off the trail, short sleeve shirt and pants.

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/