Projects renamed on save

Started by dandelO, December 27, 2010, 04:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

It was asked, if anyone found problems saving project files with the 2.2 release to report it.

It seems, if I open a file with any spaces in the filename, the project is renamed when I save or save incrementally.

Example; If I have a project called 'blah sky.tgd'. Re-saving this file renames it as 'BLAHSK~1.tgd', saving incrementally saves as 'BLAHSK~2.tgd'. If I have a file with no spaces it doesn't happen, e.g. 'blah_sky.tgd' saves fine.

All names are shortened, spaces removed and letters capitalized. This has happened before 2.2 but I have never been able to pinpoint it, now it happens every time I have a space in a filename. All my old files with spaces,(whether incremental or regular one) now react the same way

Annoying. Anyone else?

dandelO

Just me then? Weird, I haven't changed anything, all of a sudden with 2.2 this just began to happen every time.

jo

Hi,

Quote from: dandelO on December 28, 2010, 09:57:47 AM
Just me then? Weird, I haven't changed anything, all of a sudden with 2.2 this just began to happen every time.

I'll check it out when I get a chance. What OS are you using?

Obviously for some reason the files are being renamed in the old 8.3 format. My first guess is that this is something to do with Windows rather than TG2.

Regards,

Jo

dandelO

Hi, Jo. I'm on Vista Ultimate x32 and have been for about the past year, there was no major problems before TG2.2 but it happened sometimes.

It's not a major problem, more an annoyance really when I use my older files that have spaces in them.

I am now simply underscoring between each word in the filenames of new .tgd files, works fine.

timj

If I were you I'd run a disk check on the hard drive. In the past I've found this can clear up long/short filename problems.