commandline rendering

Started by neon22, April 01, 2007, 11:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neon22

I can't get windows to call tgdcli properly from a batch file :-(

attached is my batch file. (2 - one with -o,ox one without)
- the %0 gets expanded to the first arg in the line (the command)
- the quotes sometimes seem to work but not when %RENDIR% is inside them.
- the / or \ ... geez.. I should a stuck with Lisp

(forum only accepts .txt so you will have to rename to .bat manually)

Can anyone help with the proper syntax for this and for the -o, -ox options also ?
Dos lives on :-)  sigh...

bigben

• You need -p prior to specifying the TGD. I'd also use back slashes as well just to be technically correct.
  • You don't need to specify -hide -exit when you also include -r added by default.
  • I usually keep my TGDs and renders in separate directories. You can also specify the output path/filename in the TGD file (Renders, Sequence/Output tab) which is where you use the "name./%04d.alpha.bmp' format for filenames. In the commandline you should specify the specific filename for that particular render.

For commandline stuff I also simplify things by using basic directory names without spaces to avoid potential syntax problems.

%TERRAGEN_PATH%\tgdcli -p c:\path_to_tgd\test-1.tgd -r -o %RENDIR%\image0001.bmp

Here's a real one from one of my .bats. Output file specified in the TGD.
%TERRAGEN_PATH%\tgdcli -p C:\TGD\Tetons\Project1\tetons_2049_v6.tgd -r -f 207

Matt

You should not include quotes when you set your paths. If quotes need to be used, they should be put directly into the command line, surrounding the whole filename.

For example:

set TERRAGEN_PATH=C:/Program Files/Planetside Software/Terragen 2 Technology Preview (Deep)
set RENDIR=C:/Documents and Settings/User/My Documents/CTW/Terragen etc/programs/testrenders
"%TERRAGEN_PATH%/tgdcli" "%RENDIR%/test-1.tgd" -hide -exit -r

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

neon22

Thanks Matt.
And I assume if there is more than one render node in the tgd file,
then it'll take the first one (or the highest one in the node display) ?

Also, same if more than one camera ?

bigben

First render node, and whatever camera is connect to that render node.