Stones - 2011

Started by dandelO, June 01, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

My first upload in quite a while.
I was meant to put these up a while back and just forgot about it. I figure there's many folks here that can make a much nicer image with them than I can. :D

The stones shaders from this image;

[attachimg=#]

Henry Blewer

These may work very well on one of the projects I am fiddling with. Thank you for sharing this knowledge.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Thelby

What lurks in yonder trench? Nice work and thanks for sharing!

dandelO

Bugger all, except more trench! :D

If I ever extend the scene, the trench splits into two not far ahead of the end point in the animation. I'd like to continue it through the canyon and eventually resurface above the water level to complete it.

Sadly, I really lack in computer power and it's just a bit much for me, at the moment.

I have a version of the scene that I tried to add a spotlight at the point where we drop into the canyon and the camera exposure drops to simulate more darkness, but trying to animate a light source to match the camera's progress along the canyon proved to be extremely tricky and I couldn't get the light movement to follow the camera, due to the interpolation of each keyframe. Hopefully there will be better animation controls to play with at some point in the future.

For now, I'm a bit busy on other things unrelated to TG(me at the best of times, I'm just a sporadic TG'er ;)) and can't go back to this just yet. I'll try to continue the animation at another time.
I've recently worked out how to stop the shadow popping that's evident most of the way through the animation(hallelujah!) and might come back to it at a later point. That'll require a re-render of the original sequence, along with longer render times, though. Might be a while... :D

Cheers, Henry, Thelby! :)

dandelO

Probably should mention here that this stones surface is all contained within a null shader.

It should be placed as the 'child' input to a regular surface layer. (This is why you won't see any colour on the shader preview window of the node, if you're that way inclined, as I am. ;)).

DannyG

Thks dandelo for sharing this, the animation is very well done
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

choronr

Thanks Martin; never enough stones. I look forward to using these.

inkydigit

I echo Bob et al...cheers M
J
:)

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on June 01, 2011, 09:17:05 PM

but trying to animate a light source to match the camera's progress along the canyon proved to be extremely tricky and I couldn't get the light movement to follow the camera, due to the interpolation of each keyframe. Hopefully there will be better animation controls to play with at some point in the future.

For now, I'm a bit busy on other things unrelated to TG(me at the best of times, I'm just a sporadic TG'er ;)) and can't go back to this just yet. I'll try to continue the animation at another time.

Cheers, Henry, Thelby! :)
In Imagine 3D we had a stage F/X that allowed one to 'associate' the the light to the camera so it would stay the same distance from the camera without extra key framing...don't have the Deep version so I've no idea what controls animation has but this would be on my wish list
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

And thanks for the cool stones mate...awesome work as always.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

freelancah

Christmas has come early! XD Thank you very much

dandelO

Cheers, all! :)

Bobby, I added you on FB a couple/few weeks ago, I can see you posting on my feed but I don't think you can see me if you don't confirm it. :)
Maybe you just don't want to, I wouldn't blame you if that's the case, I wouldn't add me, either! :D

bobbystahr

Quote from: dandelO on June 06, 2011, 05:34:24 PM
Cheers, all! :)

Bobby, I added you on FB a couple/few weeks ago, I can see you posting on my feed but I don't think you can see me if you don't confirm it. :)
Maybe you just don't want to, I wouldn't blame you if that's the case, I wouldn't add me, either! :D
Wow...talk about not keeping up to date. There were 91 friend requests there, your as well and as a general rule I O K everyone but I no longer get e mails when I get a request and ain't in the habit of clicking the friend request button yet. Sorry for the delay Dandel0.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

dandelO

:)

I never check email requests on FB. You'd be there all day looking at bloody comment responses about what people are having for dinner and when they're going to bed! ;)