Adding Animation to my TG 2

Started by DannyG, June 16, 2011, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

I orginally purchased version 2 without animation, I would now like to add this feature. How is this done ?

Danny Gordon
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Tangled-Universe

You can best send an e-mail to "registrations AT planetside.co.uk" and ask for an update offer.

Cheers,
Martin

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

You can actually purchase the animation upgrade on our regular purchase pages. Just select an operating system and then when you get to the first purchase page you can select the animation upgrade from the drop down menu for products.

- Oshyan

jaf

This brings up a question.  I'm not familiar with the status of the animation side of TG2, but my impression is, there's a lot of work to be done yet.  So, if I upgraded now, would that put me in a different category than someone who is upgrading from TG2 to TG3 (non-animation version?)  Or would it be better to wait for TG3 and go to the animation version then?

I'm sure I've confused everyone, including myself.  Maybe someone can express my question a little clearer.  :P
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Oshyan

We are currently working on animation functionality and it is intended to be the focus of our next major release.

There will be upgrade pricing for existing owners of Terragen 2 to Terragen 3. If you purchase now, you will get a free update to Terragen 2.4 with full animation functionality. When Terragen 3 comes out you would then be entitled to an upgrade discount on Terragen 3 with animation. Beyond that information I can't really give you any more specifics. If you have a need for and/or interest in animation it would be good to get it sooner than later, in my opinion.

- Oshyan

Seth

DannyG

Hopefully this is a dumb question, I recieved my animation tgk from John, overwrote my Deep edition without animation tgk (68kb) with the 101kb TGK that is suppose to contain the animationion mod., and for some reason I am not getting any set animation tabs in my copied "coordinates". It just says import text file ? Like the non-animation No pull down ribbon on the /A Postion tab =Set animation' per Frank B's tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ULGYzthmc&feature=related
I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 OS. below is the folder location of my TGK. Any advise would be helpful. First time doing any animation in TG
Danny
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Oshyan

Looks like you were accidentally sent the wrong key. I've replied to your email and sent a new one.

- Oshyan

DannyG

Oshyan,
  That was it, thanks for the quick reply and fix. I am good to go !

Thks
Danny
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Henry Blewer

Planetside was very quick to get me the animation key also. I was sent a deep key by accident. Great product support! Thanks. I've been having a blast.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

dandelO

I thought it seemed like there was something up with your version when we spoke the other night, Danny. Glad you have it sorted now. Can't wait to see the results, you're making fast progress with TG, you should post some of your images here, especially the recent snowy alpine vista you made. :)

Redwolf

on my last post/image sharing I was advised to get animation upgrade, yeah i thought, why not, oshyan, fair enough give me the link, but I cant get the page up by going to the drop down menu animation upgrade, it comes up blank. is there a bug?

Oshyan

It appears to be working from here. Tested on this page: http://www.planetside.co.uk/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,64/
What browser are you using?

- Oshyan

Redwolf

im still getting the same, i click the drop down menu and select animation upgrade to tg2 deep, blank page