Another of my Crap Renders

Started by Buzzzzz, April 06, 2007, 02:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

you call this crap??... :o :o

this is real nice man!!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

child@play

perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

mr-miley

I love the smell of caffine in the morning

old_blaggard

Fantastic job!  You've achieved a great level of realism here.  I love it!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

nvseal

I wish my crap was that...crappy.  ;D Really nice work, superb lighting job!

rcallicotte

Are you sure this isn't a crap photo?   :P

Nice.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DiscoBall

That is so crap..as in serious crap man.

But seriously, WOAH! that is just..amazing! Should be in Planetside's gallery, DEFINATELY.

Is that transparent/muddy water in the bottom left? Niiice.

Wish my crap was that good..lol

king_tiger_666

Jay, you sure do great cliff/ canyon renders.....

i think it would look as good without any shrubs.
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

DiscoBall

Mm..shrubs give it that realistic feel ;)

dhavalmistry

hey buzzz.....do you mind sharing some of the secrets of making these canyons PLEASE???  ;D ;D

Buzzzzz

Quote from: dhavalmistry on April 12, 2007, 12:58:22 AM
hey buzzz.....do you mind sharing some of the secrets of making these canyons PLEASE???  ;D ;D

Sure, really there's not much to it. I started with a DEM from Timster.net  http://timster.net/grand_canyon/antelope_point_AZ%20.html Thanks Tim!

The Image Sedona was rendered in 4 or 6 parts, I don't recall exactly at the moment. Old Age  ;)

First I adjusted the Base Colors Node, Easier to attach the clip file so just insert it into your new scene. I do most of my displacements through the Base Colors Node for now. It keeps things simple for me as I'm not to Bright.  ;D

Then I created a "Twist and Shear" (with minimal settings applied) and a "Terrain Height Adjust" (To suit Taste) in the Terrain Group. I will also attach that clip file.

Also added Strata to the Surface Shaders Group. I'll attach the Strata clip and distribution node.

I only applied the twist and shear to the right side of the render (Cropped and spliced together in PS)

I also attached the camera from this scene for my POV. Just insert the clip and hook it up to the render nodes.

I haven't figured this program out buy a long shot so I Improvise a lot. LOL

Not much but I hope it Helps someone.

Cheers,
Jay

rcallicotte

Thanks!   More to assimilate.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Buzzzzz on April 12, 2007, 01:37:24 PM
Quote from: dhavalmistry on April 12, 2007, 12:58:22 AM

Sure, really there's not much to it. I started with a DEM from Timster.net  http://timster.net/grand_canyon/antelope_point_AZ%20.html Thanks Tim!

The Image Sedona was rendered in 4 or 6 parts, I don't recall exactly at the moment. Old Age  ;)

First I adjusted the Base Colors Node, Easier to attach the clip file so just insert it into your new scene. I do most of my displacements through the Base Colors Node for now. It keeps things simple for me as I'm not to Bright.  ;D

Then I created a "Twist and Shear" (with minimal settings applied) and a "Terrain Height Adjust" (To suit Taste) in the Terrain Group. I will also attach that clip file.

Also added Strata to the Surface Shaders Group. I'll attach the Strata clip and distribution node.

I only applied the twist and shear to the right side of the render (Cropped and spliced together in PS)

I also attached the camera from this scene for my POV. Just insert the clip and hook it up to the render nodes.

I haven't figured this program out buy a long shot so I Improvise a lot. LOL

Not much but I hope it Helps someone.

Cheers,
Jay

thanx a million man....I will share any results that I come up with....thanx again

dhavalmistry

hey buzz...if you dont mind...can I want to ask you 2 questions

1.) what difference would it make if I use shader group to displace the terrain and if I use terrain group to displace the terrain

2.) why did you add distribution shader as child shader to strata and not as blending shader...