Daybreak at the Grand Canyon

Started by :), August 23, 2011, 07:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:)

Daybreak at the Grand Canyon - First Terra rendering

Dune

A nice start. If you want my opinion (some don't  ;) ); I'd lower the POV, and have something happen on the foreground. Like some rocky ground, some bushes, a tree. With some light on it. That would give a great sense of depth.

Thanks you.

Henry Blewer

It's very hard to get light right on a morning render. Try increasing the sun strength. It will ignite the canyon walls and make the shadows deeper; more dramatic. If the shadows get too dark, increase the ambient light in the atmosphere controls.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Yes, this takes me most time. I was made to make ambient light at highest setting and make sun little brighter and change colors of both to get the light to match photo I took exactly, much time spent to make match. I like the shadows deeper, but this is how real picture looks and was taken with very good camera, so looks just like if was there, so I make it like real. I was not making pretty picture but most real look.
Thanks you for all comments, and agree with all.
I like to make clearer, not so hazy but not sure how, I make ambient light in atmosphere none, but still hazy if compare to real. Could use advice.

choronr

I agree with 'Dune's' assessment. I know you are trying to replicate a photograph; however, I think your first priority should be to improve the lighting. Consider placing the sun towards 'over your right shoulder' and at a higher angle. Next, try lowering your camera so as to pick up more details of the ground. Once satisfied, tilt the camera upward to reveal some of the sky. All of this will require some patience in order to achieve the optimum point of view and composition balance.

Also consider adding some populations of trees (pinon pines and junipers and most prevalent in the Grand Canyon) along with many different types of ground cover.

Work with this some more and I believe you accomplish much improvement. Questions? Just post them here and also search the vast information which you can find in this forum.

Bob

thanks you
I am happy with all as is but clarity of distance, this is where it needs more work but am lost
please if can help to make far places clearer I be happy
I like picture because of sparse plants I like desert because can see geology not just plants, this is what I show.

choronr

Quote from: TheOne on September 07, 2011, 08:03:06 PM
thanks you
I am happy with all as is but clarity of distance, this is where it needs more work but am lost
please if can help to make far places clearer I be happy
I like picture because of sparse plants I like desert because can see geology not just plants, this is what I show.
You might have a look at the number of different rendering filters in Terragen 2. One in particular is the sharpest (don't remember which one - just review them and you will see). Of course, you can take the image into Photoshop or other photo editing program and sharpen the distance as you wish.

yes could make whole picture in editing program. is idea. was trying to use what is in terra first. I try render filter.

Luc

Could be a start for a very good picture.. an advice I use myself for my pictures: start with sun position where about all surfaces are visibles, then work on them until they look good.

After it, you will have all time to play with sun position to obtain desired lighting conditions.

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

This is what was done here to. I like seeing things good for make start.